LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    This sucks, just got internet back up at work and this is the first thing I saw...I was out there about three weeks ago and didn't see any signs of this...going to look at the articles now. I thought all the dune restoration was in lieu of this.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Mar 24, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    You can adjust it so it doesn't destroy the waves. We are not the only ones unhappy about this. It also sucks for anyone just wanting to play in the waves. Dangerous steep beach. People like to wade in the water and play in the waves. Not take 2 steps and be neck deep. It's also an absolute fortune at 5 million for just under a mile. This is one of the very few beach breaks in RI. We only have a few that don't shore pound. Most of the sandy beaches are not rideable already west of gansett. Why destroy one of the few. Ridiculous.
    I don't support any of what they're doing. However, claiming that you're gonna go wave hungry in RI as a result is laughable. Gotta have yet another BB and wouldn't want a terrible thing like a cobblestone bottom at Matunuck right? And those points, what a waste...

Bro, you've got more good breaks (and varied ones) within 5-45 minutes than just about anyone I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I don't support any of what they're doing. However, claiming that you're gonna go wave hungry in RI as a result is laughable. Gotta have yet another BB and wouldn't want a terrible thing like a cobblestone bottom at Matunuck right? And those points, what a waste...

Bro, you've got more good breaks (and varied ones) within 5-45 minutes than just about anyone I can think of.
    They don't compare for bodyboarding. Matunuck is a slow wave. The poinits are not barrels. This was a nice hollow beach break. One of the very few in the state. And the crowds are horrific at matunuck.

Thumbs up you need to look at a surfing area and say 'hey bro lets party'

[QUOTE=EmassSpicoli

Bro, you've got more good breaks (and varied ones) within 5-45 minutes than just about anyone I can think of.[/QUOTE]

spicoli get yr head round punta hermosa, peru:

1) san bartolito (sofia just won there) small, punchy
    2) penascal...rock and roll starts at 6 and goes whoooopeee to 12ft...
    3) huaico...meaty left
    4) explosivos...boogie boarders
    5) punta rocas...one of their show-case beaches, a smaller-scale sunset..
    6) kon-tiki...indescribible
    7) la isla... (man you'll like this one)...a freight train right that resembles no wave anywhere...
    8) el paso...another frt trn cept this un goes left.....so far we've driven 2 miles
    9) playa norte....fat fat right that hurls on down da line...
    10) pico alto...a-frames up to and beyond 50 ft and rideable....cool safe channel..
    11) oscars point ....a mushy right for surf-alone beginners
    12) senoritas...when its on few waves are more sought after...a 3 section left..
    13) caballeros...high perf right hand point break THAT EVERY HPSB TYPE DUDE JUST LOVES!

theres' more but i'm getting tired...so far we've driven 3 miles....crowding can be an issue
    but usually not....

Images
    Gonna check things out this weekend, I'd be really bummed if that spot gets ruined.

They don't compare for bodyboarding. Matunuck is a slow wave. The poinits are not barrels. This was a nice hollow beach break. One of the very few in the state. And the crowds are horrific at matunuck.
    Perhaps. I'm no sympathetic one for spongers though. Surfers go without a lot more than you do. I really don't support any of this beach replenishment though. Lawmakers that do should be out in trunks and made to stand in the unnatural shorebreak it causes. BTW, your posts can be informative and backed by facts and photos at times but you're bordering on rabble-rousing like Starchy and brewengineer would say chich (but long live chich!) and that gets old here even for good causes. Not to mention you going toe to toe with a lot of cats on the reg. But hey, eff all this replenishment.

Crowds at Matunuck, maybe I'm just there on the right days. That first Saturday in November swell when it was 75 degrees and clean head high swell, there were plenty of people there but there's peaks for days at that break. These long breaks with long waves offer space for many people, I don't know what some of you expect. Personal peaks? So...you can't be the only one on the peak of the best wave at a multi-wave break but now it's gone to crap...?
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Mar 24, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Perhaps. I'm no sympathetic one for spongers though. Surfers go without a lot more than you do. I really don't support any of this beach replenishment though. Lawmakers that do should be out in trunks and made to stand in the unnatural shorebreak it causes. BTW, your posts can be informative and backed by facts and photos at times but you're bordering on rabble-rousing like Starchy and brewengineer would say chich (but long live chich!) and that gets old here even for good causes. Not to mention you going toe to toe with a lot of cats on the reg. But hey, eff all this replenishment.

Crowds at Matunuck, maybe I'm just there on the right days. That first Saturday in November swell when it was 75 degrees and clean head high swell, there were plenty of people there but there's peaks for days at that break. These long breaks with long waves offer space for many people, I don't know what some of you expect. Personal peaks? So...you can't be the only one on the peak of the best wave at a multi-wave break but now it's gone to crap...?
    Not sympathetic to bodyboarders? How about short boarders or anyone that likes heavy fast barrel.

You're the one babbling about irrelevant stuff. You don't even have a clue and you're showing your ignorance with these posts. Just ignore my posts if you have nothing to do but troll me.

Images
    Not take 2 steps and be neck deep.
    Meh, just wait for a 10ft groundswell.

im surprised the acoe of engineers don't get taken to court for manslaughter.everytime they replenish,they create those steep drop offs where kids die.it happens all the time.thats why I phreakin phukin hate the eastcoast,in cali,they remove sand at Malibu to keep it firing.complete opposite over here.they saved trestles 4 times,we cant even stop 1 beach from being replenished.all to make rich people who have oceanfront property feel safe that they wont get flooded.all my northern nj spots have been replenished,so I have to drive down to ocean just to surf.then u get down there and its just as bad as up north.i can walk to the ocean from my house,but theres no point.they already replenished it last june,and they are currently doing it again right now.beach is all fenced off with bulldozers and a big azz pump.maybe one day I can mve to a place that gets real waves and doesn't get destroyed by politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Meh, just wait for a 10ft groundswell.
    just go to the beach this weekend….shhhhh…..