LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Best Place To Get Cheap Wax

Simple question.

Where does everyone get there wax? I know this has been brought up before, but I'm BRINGING IT BACK.

Personally, I'll usually pick some up at a local surf shop, but they charge an arm and a leg for the little icky sticky square goodness. I've started to bum bumps from my buds, but I think they're starting to catch on...

I'll all for "supporting the local shops" but I'm ready to buy some surf wax in BULK quantities. What's the best way to go about attaining a serious amount of wax? Amazon? Local Bee hives? What is the secret?

I slit a case with a buddy a 2 years back that was discounted online. Lasted about a year+...google it my man...

However the NE guys should invest into this stuff...Link
    Last edited by live4truth; Mar 24, 2014 at 12:42 AM.

Images
    I just save up my wax in a big screw on cap plastic barrel about as big as a paper towel roll. Got a ton of it from my uncle for some reason. I just get it at my local shops otherwise. I have about 5 cold water, 6 cool, and like 15 sticky bumps warm. (My uncle thinks its as warm as FLA up here.)

I just deal with what I have or....bum....

Wax is like a dollar a bar........you penny pinchin???

Images
    Hell yeah I'm penny pinchin!

BULK. I wanna order like... 300 bars of wax. 100 Cold 100 winter cold 100 warm

Images
    I work at a surf shop so its either free or free.

Images
    But one really good way is go in and say I only have a dollar is that okay. Then bam. But most places are only $1.50 but some shops charge a fortune for a bar. Just try that method it will work.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    Wax is like a dollar a bar........you penny pinchin???
    exactly. and i go through about 4-5 bars a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    But one really good way is go in and say I only have a dollar is that okay. Then bam. But most places are only $1.50 but some shops charge a fortune for a bar. Just try that method it will work.
    See that's not bad. I feel like I paid $2 a bar for the surf shops brand wax at the place I go to. I didn't care cause I needed something, but maybe I'll order in bulk this year.

+1 on jimbos, i like the reeses peanutbutter flavor during halloween.