LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    piggy wiggly.

Images
    what type of wax do yall use? any one use sex wax..i think it sucks.. ms palmers all day or sticky bumps.

A little over 2 bucks a bar of Sticky Bumps at the local surf shops. The shop I go to has given me a bar or two for free as well. Go through maybe 4 a year. I don't consider wax a cost critical item.

The convenience store on Main St in Honeyton has Bud Light surf wax 3 for a buck. Not kidding.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    The convenience store on Main St in Honeyton has Bud Light surf wax 3 for a buck. Not kidding.
    i never wax my softop.

Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    Hell yeah I'm penny pinchin!

BULK. I wanna order like... 300 bars of wax. 100 Cold 100 winter cold 100 warm
    I called up Sticky Bumps a while ago and asked them about buying a case and they helped me out. Just told them how many of each temperature I wanted, they put the order together for me and shipped it directly to my house. Worked out perfectly. Give it a shot with whatever brand you're looking to get.

i find it really depressing that people are *****ing about the beyond-minimal cost of wax & trying to find ways to avoid paying for it. like others have said, it's a buck or a buck fifty at most shops. i'd suggest that the people who are trying to avoid paying this are really just trying to find away to avoid going back to their local shop(s) b/c they probably made an ass out of themselves the last time they stopped in.

Even though this thread amazes me, it doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    exactly. and i go through about 4-5 bars a year.
    Same...I strip the wax once a year when the temperature changes and it gets super hard.

My method is as follows

Step 1
    Use wax comb/hand to spread the wax already on your board (from that one 1.50 bar you have to buy).

Step 2
    Either go surf or if the wax is really slick find a crumb of wax and rub some of that on top. The crumb of wax spoken of is either saved from an old bar or bummed from someone else, note that bummed wax is often saved using this method.

To the thread starter, I am curious about your wax usage.

I'd buy a combo case just to have around. More about convenience than anything else. Nothing worse than having to make a stop on the way to get some waves. I probably look like a meth head or a kid doing the pee pee dance when I am standing at the counter waiting to pay for a bar at my local shop.

And don't ever go to coastal edge. $3/bar. (among other reasons)