LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nice 4th post, well said. gnargnar same to you, spot on.
    surfer had an article a few years back on the science of big wave surfers, namely the chemical reactions and affects on their brain. simply stated it talked about the amount of endorphins and dopamine that's released into the brain during the activities.

it wouldn't be too far fetched to say that guys that surf that get hooked on heavy drugs like ICE are looking to replicate that endorphin explosion and dopamine high. ICE/Meth is said to give a "king of the world" feeling.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    surfer had an article a few years back on the science of big wave surfers, namely the chemical reactions and affects on their brain. simply stated it talked about the amount of endorphins and dopamine that's released into the brain during the activities.

it wouldn't be too far fetched to say that guys that surf that get hooked on heavy drugs like ICE are looking to replicate that endorphin explosion and dopamine high. ICE/Meth is said to give a "king of the world" feeling.
    I agree 100%.

I don't think it's a Surfing/Drug issue. It's a life issue.. Some people (surfers and non-surfers alike) will get hooked. Hawaii has a huge Meth problem, but it's not just surfers. It's Hawaiians. Arizona, Utah, Colorado all have terrible Meth issues too and I'm pretty sure it's not surfers.
    Whoever said the thing about growing up and how it changes you was right. I had my issues and had to make a choice and it ended up being the best/hardest choice I ever made. I didn't even realize I had a problem until it was way too late.
    If you are young and reading this STAY AWAY FROM OPIATES!!! I know they make you feel great, but they WILL take control of your life. Everyone thinks they are OK and in control until they are not. Then it's too late and it will be tough/painful to stop.

Drugs are bad ummmkaaaaay

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I don't think it's a Surfing/Drug issue. It's a life issue.. Some people (surfers and non-surfers alike) will get hooked. Hawaii has a huge Meth problem, but it's not just surfers. It's Hawaiians. Arizona, Utah, Colorado all have terrible Meth issues too and I'm pretty sure it's not surfers.
    Whoever said the thing about growing up and how it changes you was right. I had my issues and had to make a choice and it ended up being the best/hardest choice I ever made. I didn't even realize I had a problem until it was way too late.
    If you are young and reading this STAY AWAY FROM OPIATES!!! I know they make you feel great, but they WILL take control of your life. Everyone thinks they are OK and in control until they are not. Then it's too late and it will be tough/painful to stop.

Drugs are bad ummmkaaaaay

yea but we're specifically talking about the surfing/drug parallels.

can anyone that's been to the north shore shed some light on this? it's so hush-hush in terms of naming names, i'd love to see what the reality actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    Big meth problem on the north shore, don't you love it when methed out dudes paddle into the line up? He'll I bet most of you smoke. Probably quite a bit alcoholics. I mean we get labeled enough as is. Do y'all think it's a problem?
    The meth is more on the west side (if you're referring to Hawaii). North shore isn't as bad, but the west looks like a refugee camp in some spots. Best to steer clear of that area.

Salt,
    As in the words of Kat Williams. "Weed is not a drug. It just grows like that. And if you so happen to set it on fire... A drug is something u do shi*t to. Add some water some baking soda.... I don't know the recipe, I'm just saying." Weed just grows like that, as well as shrooms, peyote, and ayahuasca
    So, no sir, I do not use drugs

IHL, if you come here looking for answers you will run across some guys you might have better off not knowing, I mind my business, if you can believe it.

I have given rides to hitchikers and you can just tell they are all jazzed up, no judgment, everyone can do as they like so long as they dont hurt/steal

I think Chas Smith has the answers you are looking for

also, IHL, I would LOVE for you to come here with the 'no one owns the ocean, holier than thou', spotburning attitude, take a camera to B---y----, I triple dog dare you
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Mar 26, 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Hawaii also has a problem with homeless, but the good news is, they will ship them back to us, free of charge!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3653498.html

Non-natural drugs (chemicals) are VERY bad for you... See here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/meth...ore-and-after/
    If you can't pluck your "drug" of choice directly from a tree/plant/animal/liquid (with no modification), then you should stay away...

Quote Originally Posted by gnargnarshredda View Post
    Salt,
    ayahuasca
    is a concoction that must be boiled for hours and the true brew is two plants, one does the magic, but your body turns it off, so you have to take another one, a MonoAmineOxidaseInhibitor to allow the brew to function.