LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: moldy wetsuits

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    932
    Images
    1

    moldy wetsuits

    just noticed my wetsuits hanging in the garage are covered with a fine dusting of green mold. i'm not gonna use bleach on them but i'm thinking throw them in a warm water wash with some mild detergent, unless anyone has a better idea?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wb
    Posts
    1,450
    do not wash in macine

    soapy water in a tub, hang dry outside, store indoors until needed

  3. #3
    Definitely wear it. It's like antibiotics for your skin.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    1,013
    Images
    954
    Hand wash with a mild detergent in cool water and "Air" dry with air-flow OUT of sunlight. This is what I've done, and the batteries last longer than you might think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXcUWcayXZc

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,467
    Images
    5
    I'm convinced I got a bad uti last spring from my wetsuit. Pissing non stop and knocked off my feet for over two weeks with an up and down fever. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia but followed the start of the illness to two days after a surf session where my suit stunk like a sewer from sitting balled up in my car for a week.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    just noticed my wetsuits hanging in the garage are covered with a fine dusting of green mold. i'm not gonna use bleach on them but i'm thinking throw them in a warm water wash with some mild detergent, unless anyone has a better idea?
    Piss Off bro. And I'm not telling you to piss off bro. I'm telling you to wash your wetty in Piss Off by Rip Curl. It's amazing. Smells so good. Gets your wetty smelling new again. You'll want to shampoo your hair with this schitt bro. So, to answer your question, just Piss Off.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Piss Off bro. And I'm not telling you to piss off bro. I'm telling you to wash your wetty in Piss Off by Rip Curl. It's amazing. Smells so good. Gets your wetty smelling new again. You'll want to shampoo your hair with this schitt bro. So, to answer your question, just Piss Off.
    1 cap full of baby shampoo works great too. But piss off might kill the bacteria...

  8. #8
    Thats what I do...warm water mild detergent. I fill the washing machine and soak em in there. Its easier than the tub because its deeper. Youll have to weight it to keep it submerged.

    Of course, dont turn the machine on, just soak them. After a soak i drain refill and wash by hand. I do this once a year. The rest of the year I just hang them in the garage after a session. No problems and my suits last many years with this (lack of) care.

    Cant say Ive ever seen mold on them though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,472
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I'm convinced I got a bad uti last spring from my wetsuit. Pissing non stop and knocked off my feet for over two weeks with an up and down fever. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia but followed the start of the illness to two days after a surf session where my suit stunk like a sewer from sitting balled up in my car for a week.
    Damn dude did the bacteria travel up your urethra?