Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drying your wetsuit

So as I was trying to sleep last night, what might be a genius thought came to me. Which is to put a wetsuit in a vacuum bag then use a wet vac to extract the water.

Im planning on a cross-country tour in which I want to get as much stoke as possible and the least amount of terrible wetsuit smell in my car.

Thoughts? anybody try this before?

There is still moisture in the bag, I would be worried about mold starting. Maybe extract water with vacuum, then hang out to dry, might speed up drying time.

Hang it inside out for a few hours. If your driving, rig some type of device to attach the wetsuite to your vehicle and it will air dry as you cruise for a few miles- then pull over and bring it in lol. Also, bring more than one wetsuite incase one gets lost or ripped or its cold and the suite is wet.

spin it in the dryer

Images
    Give it a try with your wetsuite and reports back to swellinfo.com

I thought it was crazy he was gonna bring a wet vac on a road trip, now y'all have him bringing a dryer

tie your wetsuit around the side mirror. it will dry pretty quick. i see locals doing it all the time, so it must be effective. i don't know what it will do for booty smell, though

rubbermade tote, crazy glue a pack of dehydrated silica gel like Damp Rid ~$3 Wallmart to the bottom of the lid, it will pull out a lot of the moisture from the tote

Im planning on putting a wooden raised bed, so I can put other supplies under it(rav4). Figured a 5gallon wetvac might come in handy for numerous reasons and would fit under the platform. Was hoping someone tried this before I had to spend money to try it. I think it will be to cold for old souls idea.

Also grainofsand, how long does that take to dry a suit out?