LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Wave????

rouge waves usually mean the sneaker sets that are huge and break way beyond the outside and clean everyone up.it seems ne is the only spot that gets legit big waves on the eastcoast.id love to go up to ruggles some day on a massive swell

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    why is that guy sitting on the in side playing with himself when there is that out there? and that bomb was massive double over easy.
    It doesn't usually break there. It was a rogue wave. Also, it's breaking ON the jetty. So unless you like dying..... Might be able to squeeze a little wave time in going left away from the jetty on the left side of the jetty, but that's questionable as well. Have to see a video to see what happens to the rest. Again, rogue wave for sure. Where the surfers are sitting is where the wave breaks at that spot.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Mar 29, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

Images
    i was talking about the pic with one guy out, i mean those were set waves coming in on the outside.

I've seen waves in ri in huge swells breaking a few miles offshore at some spots. Can barely see clearly(if it's hollow ect) without binoculars. Don't have a boat though so couldn't check it out. Also, they were breaking irregularly. Like once every 20 minutes. Incredibly difficult to catch even if a boat took you out.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Mar 29, 2014 at 01:28 AM.

i was talking about the pic with one guy out, i mean those were set waves coming in on the outside.
    That pic was from matunuck. Do you know how far out those outside sets are from matunuck?(where the guy was surfing) You'd need a boat to get to that from manutuck point break(safely). Maybe a paddle board. Unless you're experienced paddling 2 miles out in open ocean currents and you hit up mavs all the time. lol Also, on the left you can see it smashing INTO/ON the jetty. That's not rideable. Maybe the one of the right though, but that's questionable to. It's smashing into point judith harbor of refuge jetty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7UuHfqWseQ
    That's about as sketchy as you're going to get. If you look in this pic. It's the far triangle shaped jetty in the picture. That's where the wave is breaking.
    33431.jpg
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Mar 29, 2014 at 01:31 AM.

Images
    that would be some epic footage if someone went and rode those outside sets give California a run for theyre money.

Images
    http://magicseaweed.com/photoLab/vie...photoId=181012

this legit?, im not familiar with this break.

http://magicseaweed.com/photoLab/vie...photoId=181012

this legit?, im not familiar with this break.
    It's not matunuck. lol But yeah apparentely way off shore at a mysto break called elbow ledge. Have no idea where it is and have never seen it break. It's the loch ness monster of ri waves.

I know EXACTLY where this is. Yes in RI. The lineup is a well known LONG longboard left and a very steep fast inside right that is inside a seawall. That wave isn't rogue. It's actually the left hand side of the entrance that just Drains and then barrels up(unrideable). It's pretty much the set indicator for the inside lineup.
    I've been there on HH+ days and seen that thing fire WAY overhead. Really rad. Nice capture.

Images
    I know there is a big wave spot somewhere in the northeast I can't remember if it was NY, Maine, NH or NJ but the picture was solid 20 foot and rideable. The spot was found by a surfer from NY who is a big wave surfer who I also don't know who it is but supposedly he charges Mavericks, Jaws, Todos etc. It would be interesting to get in a plane during really big swells to see whats out there