LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

the best depth chart ever...

http://sc.usharbors.com/explore/harb...on-head-island

expect a new awesome wave spot to be found by tomarrow.

Dude that's pretty dope! I usually look on google map but the sand bars are always changing so it's not always accurate... Do you know if they update the depth chart often?

Thanks! I have been looking for something like this for a while. I am starting to see why certain spots on IOP have steep waves, while the rest of the island is more mellow.

Images
    im not sure on the depth changes but i figures that as well, but i mean this gives us a general idea of what to look for. brew why is the forecast for bull island always 6ft bigger than everywhere else. its calling for 11 foot today on surfline..when everywhere else is 3-4. i know bull island is no way 11 foot today there is no way. ive just been looking for offshore shoals and potential point breaks around look at capers island.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    im not sure on the depth changes but i figures that as well, but i mean this gives us a general idea of what to look for. brew why is the forecast for bull island always 6ft bigger than everywhere else. its calling for 11 foot today on surfline..when everywhere else is 3-4. i know bull island is no way 11 foot today there is no way. ive just been looking for offshore shoals and potential point breaks around look at capers island.
    I never look at the Bull island forecast. Hard to get out there and all the underwater trees make surfing interesting.

Images
    This is sick! Thanks alot!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    http://sc.usharbors.com/explore/harb...on-head-island

expect a new awesome wave spot to be found by tomarrow.
    Dude, this is an awesome link. I asked people on here for years what a folly was. Before I moved here it always said that Burkes was better than most because of a Folly. I knew there was a rock jetty there, but I didnt know what that had to do with anything. A jetty is a jetty. I guess not. Closest thing on google was that it was tree stumps exposed underwater from a mari-time forest that was there long ago. I notice at Burkes when I go there that there is a rivermouth, rockpile that is basically setup like a jetty. So, The right off the rockpile is usually good. Its always better as the tide is filling in. But I used your link and moved it up to Burkes and it really shows how that ocean folly pushes the sand around and helps the wave right there. It look its just a huge tidepool basically that sucks in and out as the tide moves. So its not a river at all really, its just a big opening that the ocean moves in and out of....

very cool....

But for real, you and I need to take trip out to Joiner Bank. I always see it when I am up in Port Royal Plantation. At low tide, you can see something feathering out there. I knew it was a sand bar, but look at your map, and look at the beautiful words written next to the tip of Joiner Bank......

During a big ENE swell or something coming in straight east, possibly a tropical storm or hurricane... Oh that thing would break for sure. Like a Point Break. Like that spot up in OBX. Maybe not as hard as that, but similar setup.