LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Boards

Images

Best Boards

I haven't gotten a board for a couple years. I've been riding the same one every time I surf. The Channel Islands gravy. Its 6'1'' and really easy to pop up in anything. Its Getting lots of sun damage and I had to replace a crack in the nose from dirty jerz. Plus a million pressure dings obviously. I weigh about 125 and am looking for a new board that goes in just about anything, but has a bit more rocker and maybe like 5'10'' or so. Any help appreciated!!!!

My flyer goes in literally anything. Especially crappy beach breaks in New Jersey. It might be a little less rocker than you'd want, but the waves around here can be pretty steep and it never pearls. Mine is 5'10" @ 27 liters. Hope this helps.

Go to surf shops and look BUT DONT BUY

Get an idea in your mind of what you want and the right board will come your way.

Stretch buzzsaw perfect ec board

Too bad they won't let you test ride it before committing the big bucks.

Yeah you could also just go test a few. Or get a custom shape.

Check out some Haydens

Images
    Go to your local shaper, my only comment to these kind of posts.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/spo/4329205255.html
    Little big for a bantam weight, but you're riding a board that would float me so this would be a good step down. Still lot's of foam to grow into and it should last for years.

Images
    If I was rich I would have a dream quiver of haydens, ci's, ajw's, and a potatonator. Unfortunately I am not. Second the local shaper idea. Mine makes me models of the ones I dream of for $300 less than a shop board. And i love them. Find a shape you think you would love (gravy has a good amount of volume right? Maybe a weirdo ripper or shred sled next for you?) and talk to a local shaper.