LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    and the word for the day is "BOONDOGGLE."

Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf32 View Post
    Joking my friend, relax
    Thank god. I have no sense of humor when I see a big banana **** blocking off the entire coast of nj and I'm not even from there.

Quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard. I can't believe these people are even discussing this.
    The Jersey Shore would become one big lake full of Hudson river water, toxic.
    Plus the islands would never last. They would be destroyed in no time by open ocean swell and storms.
    Would be a bigger waste of money than sand replenishment.
    How about the insurance companies just pay up once a lifetime for storm damage?

lol........

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    How about the insurance companies just pay up once a lifetime for storm damage?
    whoa.... hey you could get into a lot of trouble for thinking like that....
    If I knew we wouldn't have a storm for 25 or 30 years I'd dump my insurance and just put a few hundred bucks a month away into a bank account and self insure!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitz73 View Post
    belmar, however, would still be firing 23fters 365 days a year. Lol.
    youre an idiot drop the belmar references its not funny

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    youre an idiot drop the belmar references its not funny
    #belmarstrong #don'tcountoutbelmar #donttreadonbelmar

Images
    Whoa...

This would obviously be no good for surfers, but they have to seriously consider options to avoid NYC and the large populations around it getting wiped out.

There has to be better solutions then this... Are we going to start building large breakwaters around the entire country? We need to make smarter more adaptable solutions then putting up a giant wall that will also erode and need constant repair.

It'd be outrageously expensive and terrible for us as surfers but havent they successfully done stuff like this in the netherlands?

Images
    There is a breakwater in the mouth of the Delaware that protects the coastal bay shore from surf erosion and surge. Its the same concept, but on an immensely bigger scale, primarily because it is off the coast in deeper water and a much bigger area.