LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Salsa Brava is a fickle wave but it actually breaks more than you would expect. I looked at surf report today 4/2/14 and it had was 6 foot 10 seconds at Salsa. . .

WOW Costa Rica humbled me, amazing experience!

Went to Tamarindo for 4 nights (tiny mellow waves, my gf loved it)

Then Santa Teresa for 5 nights...huge waves last week. Really humbled me.

Grabbed 3 lessons with Luchi from Denga Shop. Really improved my paddling, duck diving, turning etc.

Really heavy, powerful waves though with onshore winds most days. 1.5 to double overhead at some times way too advanced for me haha. There were some younger competitors who weren't even able to paddle out (Costa Rica National comp was on).

I promised you a pic

Images
    You've caught the PURA VIDA feeling my brother... There's so many different beaches and breaks in Costa Rica its amazing. Pavones is by far my favorite. Check out some different places next time you go....you'll be back!!!!

Adios amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Head to Hermosa/Jaco area...lots of stuff to do. Good breaks close for your girl to learn on. Hermosa is always consistent and its not too big this time of the year. Manuel Antonio national park is only an hour drive south. Jaco has ATV, zipline, horseback riding and many other tours.

Check out Hermosa: http://www.rovercam.com/

Pura Vida mi amigo!

I live in playa Hermosa.....April not too big???? April is when the waves start coming here...think of the north shore starting to fire in November...same concept.. its been 15+ the last few days and we just had a big wave tournament at roca loca this weekend.......try somewhere else like...I don't know, I think the name of the place is.....Don't come here because its dangerous! lolololol definatly go to tamarindo.

Quote Originally Posted by tomomp View Post
    I live in playa Hermosa.....April not too big???? April is when the waves start coming here...think of the north shore starting to fire in November...same concept.. its been 15+ the last few days and we just had a big wave tournament at roca loca this weekend.......try somewhere else like...I don't know, I think the name of the place is.....Don't come here because its dangerous! lolololol definatly go to tamarindo.
    Already back...was in tamarindo then santa teresa. Loved it

Quote Originally Posted by surfnewb View Post
    Hi,

I am going to Costa Rica Apr.17-27 with my gf, we're both in our mid 20s.

I can't decide where on the Pacific coast to go.

What area, breaks would you recommend for surfing?

Any places you recommend to stay?

Any other tips?

Thanks,

Max
    Just go. Don't over think it. It's all a playgound.

Images
    Surfnewb glad you scored some waves.