LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

ocean city, md sandbars

I had not surfed in ocean city for a couple weeks or so. The sandbars were awesome after that big May swell, and now they are terrible - at least where I was looking! They went down south pretty darn quick. We need another big coastal storm to move some sand around.

Images
    truth, sandbar sucks can't even go out during high tide.

I agree, they were really pronounced. And now, they suck north of 50th street. Now, it's gotta be low-incoming tide most places where before you could find a spot on all tides. Just a little more fickle..... makes for packed surf at the better spots when no where is firing.

inlet yesterday was fun =] once it headed for high tide some head sets were rolling in right off the end of the jetty very sloppy but it was fun =]

Images
    sandbars in jers have been holding up really nicely the last few days

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I had not surfed in ocean city for a couple weeks or so. The sandbars were awesome after that big May swell, and now they are terrible - at least where I was looking! They went down south pretty darn quick. We need another big coastal storm to move some sand around.

Its not just where you looked...but yeah that spot is now deep (guessing where you looked). uptown is also getting like last summer (lousy).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseysurfrat89 View Post
    sandbars in jers have been holding up really nicely the last few days
    Not all of them.....

yeah i hate not being able to stand up in the water during high tide.