LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Why must every swell clean up right before dark?

EVERY SINGLE FLIPPIN TIME
    ....Still got some nice waves but cmon gnar Gods, whats the deal?

well... now you know that when the land cools off the wind will blow offshore.

Images
    Yup Mfitz is right. Once the land warms the air rises and the cold air off the ocean rushes in to fill the space. Once the sun starts to set the land cools and allows the wind to blow back off shore. Even on days when the weather system itself is bringing the onshore wind if the front moves off the wind can't switch offshore until the land cools back down. That's why when a local storm rolls up mid summer it often goes offshore until the sun comes back out. Mid winter can have offshore all day because both the ocean and the land are cold but once warm spring days move in look for a switch to SE winds by 11am.

i was watchin the rockaway beach cam on surfersview last night at 8pm,they had lights so u could still see and it was the best conditions I seen in a long time.

Images
    Yeah but its been like this literally all winter.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    EVERY SINGLE FLIPPIN TIME
    ....Still got some nice waves but cmon gnar Gods, whats the deal?
    hmm...down here in SE NC the last few cleanups have come early in the day, but with such hard offshores that you only get 2 hrs of swell before it blows out. 2 very fun hours.

Images
    That happens in Maryland a lot in winter

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    i was watchin the rockaway beach cam on surfersview last night at 8pm,they had lights so u could still see and it was the best conditions I seen in a long time.
    Rockaway was close to being "all time good" on sunday.

Images
    Dune Brah!

You gotta make the surf trip up to Belmar nJ ASAP- it's ALWAYS offshore in Belmar, nj

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Dune Brah!

You gotta make the surf trip up to Belmar nJ ASAP- it's ALWAYS offshore in Belmar, nj
    #respectbelmar #belmarstrong #belmar23ftrs