Thread: Mozambique

Mozambique

Just finalized a trip to Mozambique this summer. Anybody been and/or have wisdom to impart? The only stressful thing left to do is get our Visa's which actually seems a bit difficult. Also, if you have any knowledge of Malaria (preventatives, meds or who to see to get the aforementioned) that would be appreciated too. This has probably been the most difficult surf trip I've planned yet and I usually like going places that are off the beaten path.

There once was a man from 'zambique
    He got bit by a skeeter on his deek
    Now he's got malaria which is kinda scarya
    And he can't go and surf for a week

Quote Originally Posted by crindlefish View Post
    There once was a man from 'zambique
    He got bit by a skeeter on his deek
    Now he's got malaria which is kinda scarya
    And he can't go and surf for a week
    Taiwan 141.jpg

Here's to you and your weak rap skills

Ive wanted to go, seems SICK. nothing big, but a lot of empty perfect.

Larium is WACK, you will have hallucinogenic dreams, but it keeps the malaria at bay. I think there are better Malaria meds out there tho instead of the weekly larium dose

Quote Originally Posted by NICAfiend View Post
    Taiwan 141.jpg

Here's to you and your weak rap skills
    It's a poem

My buddies dad traveled and got malaria surfing, he said no matter what (kinda obvious) sleep with a net, he got it in a hotel room because mosquitos got in. You aren't particularly safe no matter where you are, so a net and long sleeves (I know it kinda blows) are the best bet, even if they are the most obvious things. His words, not mine

http://www.curbly.com/users/diy-mave...low-tech-style

Bring Garlic powder! Bathe in that schit

Quote Originally Posted by crindlefish View Post
    It's a poem

My buddies dad traveled and got malaria surfing, he said no matter what (kinda obvious) sleep with a net, he got it in a hotel room because mosquitos got in. You aren't particularly safe no matter where you are, so a net and long sleeves (I know it kinda blows) are the best bet, even if they are the most obvious things. His words, not mine
    Wow...that sucks!

We're staying in a pretty nice home but it's open-air. They have netting around all the beds though. I have read that the type of mosquitos that transmit Malaria are only active at nights? I'm not sure if that's true but it would give some peace of mind. I guess if you want the chance at some perfect, uncrowded surf you gotta take some chances.

Need to read up on Larium.

Sounds like a life-changing trip.....in several asspects

Quote Originally Posted by ScobeyviIIe View Post
    http://www.curbly.com/users/diy-mave...low-tech-style

Bring Garlic powder! Bathe in that schit
    I guess we've got to eat a lot of lemon garlic fish and build bat houses!!! I'm going to test some of those methods out around the house.

Mozam-zika