LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Avon, NC spring break

headed down to Avon, NC spring break 12th-19th. Normally go to Nags head but will be staying more south. Wondering the possibility of swell, what suit to bring (if any), where to surf. Will be hitting up buxton lighthouse, and possibly avon pier, any suggestions?

Plenty of different bars all over the OBX as you know. As far as suits go, yes you will need a wetsuit and probably still a 4/3 at that point. The highs are only mid 50s all next week....why aren't you going to florida where it will be boardies at that point? Have fun!

The pier and the lighthouse are both great spots. I would definitely have a 4/3 and booties on-hand for that period of the month. The water is going to be warmer than up in Nags Head, but I still think it's going to be in the mid 50's, and that's booties for me at least.

You might get lucky and be able to take off the gloves (doubtful), but you need to bring at least a 4/3, boots and gloves.

3/3 replies say 4/3

got it

Avon can experience some serious temp changes in the water just like Buxton, so be ready to be surfing in temps ranging from the high 40's to the mid to upper 50's this time of year.

Plenty of great banks all over Avon.

But a lot warmer in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    Plenty of different bars all over the OBX as you know. As far as suits go, yes you will need a wetsuit and probably still a 4/3 at that point. The highs are only mid 50s all next week....why aren't you going to florida where it will be boardies at that point? Have fun!
    spring breakers go to florida. surfers go to the obx.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    spring breakers go to florida. surfers go to the obx.
    Excellent point!

BTW, in early Spring the winds in Avon/Buxton generally prevail offshore.

Enjoy! OBX may be my favorite place ever and I wished I could go with. So close yet so far away. Party on mi amigo. Damn work.....