LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    I like the cold water.. keeps the people who want to be in in.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Air temps in VB last Friday reached 87 or so. That was 5 miles or more inland. At the beach, the air temp was 30 degrees cooler. Water temps lower to mid 40s. Cold water wax is getting really sticky when board not in the water.
    I reckon skirts round town must be getting shorter just the same. A healthy proposition for all bro.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    I like the cold water.. keeps the people who want to be in in.
    Agreed. Though I like mid 50s air with high 40s to low 50s water best when the sun is out. As soon as that hood is good to come off and stay off for most of a sesh. Cold enough to keep the less committed out of the water and warm enough for us to stay in liquid indefinitely that day.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I reckon skirts round town must be getting shorter just the same. A healthy proposition for all bro.
    Mostly been it's been folks going to the Home Depots, etc., loading up on chemicals to spread on their lawns. Cars returning home loaded with lots and lots of chemicals: pesticides, weed killers, fertilizers, combinations of both. Liquids, granular, powder! Spray it, spread it, inject it! Gonna get "Yard of the Month" this time for sure!! ....Sorry. Got a bit carried away.
    What the heck, it's just been nice seeing the sun for a change.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Mostly been it's been folks going to the Home Depots, etc., loading up on chemicals to spread on their lawns. Cars returning home loaded with lots and lots of chemicals: pesticides, weed killers, fertilizers, combinations of both. Liquids, granular, powder! Spray it, spread it, inject it! Gonna get "Yard of the Month" this time for sure!! ....Sorry. Got a bit carried away.
    What the heck, it's just been nice seeing the sun for a change.
    Hope you aren't surfing by no river mouths. Why don't you feed your dogs McDonalds and have them take dumps on each of your neighbors' lawns? Natural fertilizer.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,016
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Air temps in VB last Friday reached 87 or so. That was 5 miles or more inland. At the beach, the air temp was 30 degrees cooler. Water temps lower to mid 40s. Cold water wax is getting really sticky when board not in the water.
    I know it sucks when that happens. I left my log in the sun like an idiot and took the sock off and the wax was gone. Although I found a new way to strip the wax easier....
    Yes, it was soooo warm on friday in Nags Head. 70-75.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,016
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    I like the cold water.. keeps the people who want to be in in.
    And out, out.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,925
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Mostly been it's been folks going to the Home Depots, etc., loading up on chemicals to spread on their lawns. Cars returning home loaded with lots and lots of chemicals: pesticides, weed killers, fertilizers, combinations of both. Liquids, granular, powder! Spray it, spread it, inject it! Gonna get "Yard of the Month" this time for sure!! ....Sorry. Got a bit carried away.
    What the heck, it's just been nice seeing the sun for a change.
    That was fantastic.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,207

    Exclamation arctic water

    Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    Its always a very slow warm up in the spring for water temps, just as it is a very slow cool down in the fall.
    true dat but this year worst ever. did you catch my thread major east coast snowstorm?
    nws now saying the buoy report off maine (119 mph) was real. they think. they are not
    sure cause it didn't break the record; it smashed it. being a surfer my first thought was
    "whoa tres palmas" which panned out.