LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55
  1. #41
    Get some for the southerners. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFlat

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Bailed from work for this. I was happy.

    Attachment 10695
    Were you most happy about the wave or the fact that you caught a fellow surfer high-stepping in your picture? For me, it might be the latter.

    Kidding, but in all seriousness, this spring has been incredibly consistent. Waist-chest most days of the week. Combine that and the extra hour of sunlight after work and my time in the water has gone up exponentially. All smiles on my end.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,611
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Were you most happy about the wave or the fact that you caught a fellow surfer high-stepping in your picture? For me, it might be the latter.
    .
    Well, now that ya mention it, both...but at the time, the wave

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    900
    Images
    2
    God I'm so glad I got a log for when it small. Perfect knee-waist high peelers with no wind today at my spot. Not a soul out there with me except the dolphins and pelicans. 72 air temp. Real fun session.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    God I'm so glad I got a log for when it small. Perfect knee-waist high peelers with no wind today at my spot. Not a soul out there with me except the dolphins and pelicans. 72 air temp. Real fun session.
    Classic VB - - - good stuff! Doesn't always have to be major, the operative word is fun surf.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    God I'm so glad I got a log for when it small. Perfect knee-waist high peelers with no wind today at my spot. Not a soul out there with me except the dolphins and pelicans. 72 air temp. Real fun session.
    Lucked out and I timed it right today at lunchtime off Dam Neck. A narrow window of opportunity with up to waist high, almost glassy conditions. Barely a breeze. No one was out but me for quite awhile. Would've caught more rides on the larger old board that I first learned on, but still had fun getting more dialed in on its smaller much lighter replacement.
    Water was clean with none of the heavy fishy odor of two days ago.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,344
    spring is the best time of year.weather warms up,waves come,and the water is still cold.some days after work I feel like jumping in the ocean with no wetsuit.il try to hit ever swell until memorial day.then the funs over

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Bailed from work for this. I was happy.

    Attachment 10695
    Damn....That looks good! I don't think you missed out by being where you were!

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,611
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Damn....That looks good! I don't think you missed out by being where you were!
    It was pretty damn sweet, about as good as it gets there conditions wise...but I'm a sucker for A-frames, so I'm sure you got the goods too

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    900
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Classic VB - - - good stuff! Doesn't always have to be major, the operative word is fun surf.
    yea man. my 9'8 noserider works like a dream. got out from 815-1130 and like dos said. straight glass.