LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    i did my time down there and got out literally as fast as i could. i was in charlotte county.

Did your time huh? I guess it is sort of like a prison sentence. I always say to my brother in law, "we might as well be mountain climbers because there aren't any mountains here either." Thats why we get big offshore boats and fish our azzes off. That and a few trips to PR every year along with some east coast jaunts gets us by. Like I said, you think your break sucks? We hardly break.

no no i worked for a company down there. had a contracted amount of time i was to be working the project. once the project finished i bailed.

i would go to stump pass and surf there. surfed venice jetties a few times too. maybe 10 rideable days in 2 years and it was usually blowing like the ****ens out of the north or south when there were waves.

Images
    I'm always pumped for you Gulf guys when you score.

every person I have ever known from the gulf coast digs it there. A majority of them are also decent surfers. Last time I surfed the gulf coast I I was lucky enough to get it about chest high off the jetty in Venice. That was years ago, still fun to think about to this day. Great skateparks over there as well.

Glad ya got some waves

the local grey suits are a bit much to deal with too.

nice.......

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'm always pumped for you Gulf guys when you score.
    Me too, as a former gulf coast inmate, I'm happy to be free but still have mad love for the gulfsters. It gets really good sometimes, but it is a true exercise of patients. DPSUP knows what's up man.

Dang that looks a lot better then where I got it, we had more size at the spot I hit but was not nearly as clean, I had to take what I could get after work

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Me too, as a former gulf coast inmate, I'm happy to be free but still have mad love for the gulfsters. It gets really good sometimes, but it is a true exercise of patients. DPSUP knows what's up man.
    Thats classic. From now on I will call myself a voluntary inmate!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Congrats Gulfsters!

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    I was about to say those guys in rubber must have been roasting. Nice pix. Thanks for sharing.
    it's not always about water temp...sometimes wind chill combined with your core acclimation is a factor. A few times, I've had to surf in both costa rica and hawaii with a vest due to wind chill.

anyway, cool thing about surfing the gulf is, if you really have a lot of experience, you can out paddle/surf circles around most of the noob barneys that try to paddle out...as long as they don't snake you