LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I worship the sun, it hasnt let me down yet

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    It basically started when he asked for surfboards to be donated so that he can use them to entice young kids to learn to surf so he can try to 'convert' them to religion. That's what offended so many people.
    Succinct & to the point & summed up better than anyone else's attempts to do so, including my own.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    it's very easy as a pastafarian to "be about it", all you have to do is drink beer & like pirates & strippers (combine them into stripping pirates & you've got yourself a helluva good time!)
    OK, I'm all about this pastafarian gig. I vote that you, njsurfer, be the pastafarian king & lead us all to the kingdom. Sorry, wayne666 you'll be busy elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    OK, I'm all about this pastafarian gig. I vote that you, njsurfer, be the pastafarian king & lead us all to the kingdom. Sorry, wayne666 you'll be busy elsewhere.
    i will humbly don my sacred colander & lead us to the Promised Land of beer, pirates, & strippers.

i will humbly don my sacred colander & lead us to the Promised Land of beer, pirates, & strippers.
    Sounds like fun, can a non-believer tag along? Marduk says he's cool with it, he's not a jealous god. He might even stop by, if that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    Sounds like fun, can a non-believer tag along? Marduk says he's cool with it, he's not a jealous god. He might even stop by, if that's cool.
    as Pastafarian king, i say, "the more the merrier!"

as Pastafarian king, i say, "the more the merrier!"
    Awesome. We're there dude. Just remember, if you drink rum before 10AM, you're not an alcoholic, you're a pirate.

BTW Did anyone answer the ? why thread was locked

yea, def not instigating, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Succinct & to the point & summed up better than anyone else's attempts to do so, including my own.
    Ahhh, got it. Something akin to the conversion van rolling slowly through the neighborhood and offering "free candy."

So Wayne, why not just advertise it as a "Christian Surf Get Together", rather trying to lure folks under false pretenses? It seems like that's the main objection. I'm sure you'd still get plenty of folks who are interested. They'll likely be more receptive to HONESTY than if you spring "salvation" on them at what they thought was a surf-oriented event.

On a related note, I was once selling a surfboard on C-list and had a guy ask to test drive it before buying. It was all a ruse for him to get me in the water and start preaching.

It came to a pretty quick halt when I asked him about God's policy on our military killing folks overseas... "Doesn't that violate one of those Commandment thingys?"

His reply, and I sh@t you not, was that God looks at the INTENT of the person doing the killing and judges accordingly... and that if a soldier feels that he is protecting his family (halfway around the world in the desert/jungle) and not killing out of malice and hatred, he is justified and not committing a sin. WTF, I say? This is one of those massively hypocritical and illogical one-way streets that always sinks the ultra-right wing fanatics.

I'd have much more respect if he had answered, "Yeh, it's really wrong. We're human, imperfect, and can do better. We need to keep working at it."