LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MY SAVIOR View Post
    Doubt it. This is a surf forum and I outreach to the surfing world. We do not charge a penny for anything. It is all free. As for misleading people......everything we advertise has JESUS in it. From the links you posted you can see my personal page and ministry/church page.
    I think it is very misleading. At what point did the many members of the surf community contact you and your group asking for help?

I mean, you outreach? To surfers in Florida? Shouldn't you be traveling to distant lands, spreading the word of god while you feed the hungry, while you give to the poor? I don't think that a bunch of middle class children hitting the beach with their $500 surf boards are really looking for preachers.

I am just saying, go to Cocoa Beach, in July, when there is a swell. Post up on the beach with the largest sign you can find that reads "Ask me about Jesus".... With the thousands of people that will see you and your sign that day, let me know how many people come up to you and strike up a conversation...

I envision parents grabbing on to their children a little tighter as they walk by, huddling them together and making sure they don't step foot in your general direction. No for some creepy reason, but simply because if you are TRUTHFUL about your intentions, people will avoid you at all costs.

Its like, if those young people on their bikes wore shirts that read "I am going to talk to you about GOD", we would all look through the peep hole as you knocked and then tip toe away in the hopes that you thought no one was home....

Is what it is brother. Give your time and effort to people that need it. To people that want it.

You are just a dude that loves surfing, and loves Jesus. You don't have to mix the two. Just do your Jesus thing. Do your surfing thing.

But unless you met Jesus face to face and he told you to spread the word of god through fiberglass boards and beach recreation, I think you might be exploiting the whole message to make it fit into your own life.

Cocoa and FL in general are full of evangelist born again retards, more people would wonder over to the tent than you think

and I dont think there is ever surf in July in FL

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I think it is very misleading. At what point did the many members of the surf community contact you and your group asking for help?

I mean, you outreach? To surfers in Florida? Shouldn't you be traveling to distant lands, spreading the word of god while you feed the hungry, while you give to the poor? I don't think that a bunch of middle class children hitting the beach with their $500 surf boards are really looking for preachers.

I am just saying, go to Cocoa Beach, in July, when there is a swell. Post up on the beach with the largest sign you can find that reads "Ask me about Jesus".... With the thousands of people that will see you and your sign that day, let me know how many people come up to you and strike up a conversation...

I envision parents grabbing on to their children a little tighter as they walk by, huddling them together and making sure they don't step foot in your general direction. No for some creepy reason, but simply because if you are TRUTHFUL about your intentions, people will avoid you at all costs.

Its like, if those young people on their bikes wore shirts that read "I am going to talk to you about GOD", we would all look through the peep hole as you knocked and then tip toe away in the hopes that you thought no one was home....

Is what it is brother. Give your time and effort to people that need it. To people that want it.

You are just a dude that loves surfing, and loves Jesus. You don't have to mix the two. Just do your Jesus thing. Do your surfing thing.

But unless you met Jesus face to face and he told you to spread the word of god through fiberglass boards and beach recreation, I think you might be exploiting the whole message to make it fit into your own life.
    Problem one traveling abroad and spending a boat load of money and call it a mission trip.......NOT. Big problem in America. Problem two, you are telling me how to do this. I have pretty much simplified my life to having nothing of the world. I pound the beach morning, noon, and night. Do not need a big swell to reach surfers here. Last time I checked there were more surfers than palm trees in Fla.Number three you are comparing me to another religion. Last time I checked they were not following JESUS.Listen this is not about religion, but having a personal relationship with Jesus.You got number 5 right I do surf and I love Jesus that is where this church/ministry originated.Fit in to my life....not.I will continue to fish for people.
    Listen the problem here is you all have a problem with the subject. Do not open the thread. Someone, somewhere said that long ago. It is simple Do Not Respond.I only open threads that interest me and only respond to the ones that I contribute to. You guys I am sure are all good people in one way or another.Listen if I was spamming/trolling or phishing I would not make all the info available that is made available.

Impacting the coast for JESUS
    Last edited by MY SAVIOR; Apr 12, 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Images
    Problem one traveling abroad and spending a boat load of money and call it a mission trip.......NOT. Big problem in America. Problem two, you are telling me how to do this. I have pretty much simplified my life to having nothing of the world. I pound the beach morning, noon, and night. Do not need a big swell to reach surfers here. Last time I checked there were more surfers than palm trees in Fla.Number three you are comparing me to another religion. Last time I checked they were not following JESUS.Listen this is not about religion, but having a personal relationship with Jesus.You got number 5 right I do surf and I love Jesus that is where this church/ministry originated.Fit in to my life....not.I will continue to fish for people.
    Listen the problem here is you all have a problem with the subject. Do not open the thread. Someone, somewhere said that long ago. It is simple Do Not Respond.I only open threads that interest me and only respond to the ones that I contribute to. You guys I am sure are all good people in one way or another.Listen if I was spamming/trolling or phishing I would not make all the info available that is made available.

Im just talking here man. I have no problem with your faith or your beliefs. And although we happen to be talking about your faith right now, you did that thing again. You ended your statement with "Impacting the Coast for JESUS". And you also said you will continue to "fish for people"... Dude, that is a strange thing to say, regardless of what exactly you mean. But when you use those kinds of words, it makes it sounds like you are going to "catch people"... Thats what you do when you fish. you CATCH things. Things that are trying to eat and you lure them in with a piece of meat. Next thing they know, you got them hook line and sinker.

Again, maybe it was just a strange choice of words. But the pounding the sand for jesus and fishing for people stuff doesn't sound appealing to me. Good luck to you.

And one more thing. You have given up all your worldly possessions? You are a surfer. You own a baord. Probably a wetsuit. You are on the computer. You are on face book. So, again, that just comes off as that holier than thou attitude. What exactly did you give up? What did you sacrifice that the rest of us didnt? I mean, I assume you have clothing, and shoes. You probably watch TV...

I just think you are drinking your own Koolaide a little too hard. Do what you think Jesus wants you to do and all that. That stuff is good. Just make sure it's genuine. Cause when you throw Jesus' name in the signature of all your threads, I would make sure that everything you are preaching and saying would meet the big man's approval. Cause if you are full of sh**, he probably doesn't like you signing his name all over this worldly message board. Ya dig?

You beliefs don't bother me one bit. Like I said, I came from a catholic upbringing. I dig it. I just think modern society and a lot of us who come from faith don't buy in to the name dropping and the organized churches and the financial side of things, not to mention all the crooked and unthinkable things that a lot of these groups and churches have done in recent times while proclaiming the name of god.... The people spitting out the name Jesus left and right are usually the ones who are not on the up and up these days....

cliff notes on this thread

The people spitting out the name Jesus left and right are usually the ones who are not on the up and up these days....
    btw zach

economy of word

you need it

Im just talking here man. I have no problem with your faith or your beliefs. And although we happen to be talking about your faith right now, you did that thing again. You ended your statement with "Impacting the Coast for JESUS". And you also said you will continue to "fish for people"... Dude, that is a strange thing to say, regardless of what exactly you mean. But when you use those kinds of words, it makes it sounds like you are going to "catch people"... Thats what you do when you fish. you CATCH things. Things that are trying to eat and you lure them in with a piece of meat. Next thing they know, you got them hook line and sinker.

Again, maybe it was just a strange choice of words. But the pounding the sand for jesus and fishing for people stuff doesn't sound appealing to me. Good luck to you.

And one more thing. You have given up all your worldly possessions? You are a surfer. You own a baord. Probably a wetsuit. You are on the computer. You are on face book. So, again, that just comes off as that holier than thou attitude. What exactly did you give up? What did you sacrifice that the rest of us didnt? I mean, I assume you have clothing, and shoes. You probably watch TV...

I just think you are drinking your own Koolaide a little too hard. Do what you think Jesus wants you to do and all that. That stuff is good. Just make sure it's genuine. Cause when you throw Jesus' name in the signature of all your threads, I would make sure that everything you are preaching and saying would meet the big man's approval. Cause if you are full of sh**, he probably doesn't like you signing his name all over this worldly message board. Ya dig?

You beliefs don't bother me one bit. Like I said, I came from a catholic upbringing. I dig it. I just think modern society and a lot of us who come from faith don't buy in to the name dropping and the organized churches and the financial side of things, not to mention all the crooked and unthinkable things that a lot of these groups and churches have done in recent times while proclaiming the name of god.... The people spitting out the name Jesus left and right are usually the ones who are not on the up and up these days....
    I really do not have time to trade jabs back n forth. Suggestion give me a call or PM me. I am just not into the he said she said stuff. Minds wander and things get misinterpreted. As for using the name JESUS for personal gain....I do not think so.

OR...just don't post your false idol claptrap here. this is not the place for peddling false ideology.

impacting the coast for Pastafarianism.

rAmen.

I have pretty much simplified my life to having nothing of the world. I pound the beach morning, noon, and night. Last time I checked there were more surfers than palm trees in Fla. Fit in to my life....not. I will continue to fish for people.
    Listen if I was spamming/trolling or phishing I would not make all the info available that is made available.
    Where to even begin. wayne666, although Zach makes plenty of sense you're not going to listen. Reason being, that piehole of yours doesn't stop flapping.

I took the liberty of combining a few of your statements from your previous tro666ing post (above). As you say, you will continue to troll here for hayzeus. HELLO SIMOD666...?! Do you need more justification than that?

As for you, dear wayne666, maybe get a job? The Social Security system needs as much intake as it can get. Having you mooching off the system is not making our lives any better.

Christ, even a Jehovah's Witness at my front door understands the word "NO" and knows when to tap out and turn away.

What don't you understand, "Savior"? Nobody has anything negative to say about religion and The Lord....but they have plenty to say about "your message" and how you choose to deliver it.

99.9% of the contributors to this site have plainly stated that your message isn't welcome on this site. They have also stated that many of them practice their own versions of religion or spirituality in their own way. This is America, and they have that freedom. While you also have that freedom "Savior", unlike others, you choose to cram it down everybody's throat, whether they like it or not. We also have the freedom to say, "We don't like it, and we would like you to stop". That's the great thing about America. I believe there's probably several Verses in the Good Book that are relevant to this same topic, as well.

We respect your love for Jesus. What you need to understand is that nobody here wishes to hear your street corner sermons on this site. And, while your intentions may be noble, you have been told repeatedly that your beliefs have no place here.

So, take a cue from the Jehovah's Witnesses and Latter-Day Saints of the World: Please move on to the next doorstep. We are not interested in what you are trying to sell.

"The Bible is nothing more than a Bronze Age Fairy Tale." - Bill Maher
    Last edited by kidrock; Apr 13, 2014 at 07:56 AM.

Images
    Impacting The Coast For Pre-Industrial Animism. Last stronghold of the Ghost Dancers.