LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    There used to be a decent kneeboard guy in Virginia Beach who had beads strung onto his wetsuit back zipper pull. He was a fixture during the 80s-90s. I haven't seen him in a while though. There used to be some other randoms I would see kneeboarding in my youth.
    Anyone remember in the 70's, an ancient geezer would come to the pier in a Mercedes. He'd let the "groms" drag his long board to the water. In return, the punks could write crap on his ride with wax.

1st time ever to write Grom. Have never vocalized it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Anyone remember in the 70's, an ancient geezer would come to the pier in a Mercedes. He'd let the "groms" drag his long board to the water. In return, the punks could write crap on his ride with wax.

1st time ever to write Grom. Have never vocalized it tho.
    I can live with "groms". Just don't say "Gremmies". That's where I draw the line.

I like the term Piece O Schitt or POSes.

I support all forms of wave riding, and I find it a shame too many people refuse to experiment with other forms. That said, Seldom, whats the deal with body boarders not riding drop knee anymore? I feel like I never see it around my parts... Has it been deemed uncool?

Drop knee is still goin strong here on Maui. Always sick seein one of them throw a nice hack.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
    I support all forms of wave riding, and I find it a shame too many people refuse to experiment with other forms. That said, Seldom, whats the deal with body boarders not riding drop knee anymore? I feel like I never see it around my parts... Has it been deemed uncool?
    Not uncool in my book. There's a couple guys around here that kill it on the knee...big hacks, off the lip type stuff, etc. Definitely not nommon to see, but they're around. I've always struggled with it, but I'm putting more focus into it to at least become efficient. Hope you fellers got some today.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Not uncool in my book. There's a couple guys around here that kill it on the knee...big hacks, off the lip type stuff, etc. Definitely not nommon to see, but they're around. I've always struggled with it, but I'm putting more focus into it to at least become efficient. Hope you fellers got some today.
    Seldom, I believe we may be in a similar place. However, I see no drop knee. If I see a dude doing drop knee I will assume its you.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    as far as i know. last i heard, he was living down in oz & riding a matt.

here's his website (i'm floored that he actually HAS one!) http://www.georgegreenough.com/Georg...ough/Home.html
    COOL. Thanks that link. i think maybe HE is the last of the monkneegans...

Seldom, I believe we may be in a similar place. However, I see no drop knee. If I see a dude doing drop knee I will assume its you.
    though popularized by spongers drop-knee is also a surfing move. show me a guy who can tunnel-ride a longboard and i'll show you a drop-knee-er. (they would be one and the same).

Images
    If you think you see me be sure to give me a shout, I think we'd have good conversation.