LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf!

Wtf!

I'm at work just browsing through the surf cams and seen this big pipe laying on the beach in Belmar and by the boardwalk looks like a oil tank does anybody know what there doing, and I wonder how it will affect that break
    Attached Images Attached Images

dredge pipe. bye bye surf spot (at least for a while)

Yup. Beach replenishment is here. Belmar is history much like the rest of northern MOCO.

Images
    I was there the other day. It's disgusting. They did it the day after that gnarly swell on Tuesday.

Check the cam on surfersview.com, you can watch as they destroy another surf break.

Images
    RIP random break in Belmar.

Images
    that was my new pre and post work spot...

only a half hour drive down 195

Images
    Enraging right? Almost all of long branch is being replenished. Pier village used to have a break at every jetty. Now its a lake. Southern Monmouth has been all "what's the big deal," over us complaining in Monmouth last few years. Now everybody is forked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
    Enraging right? Almost all of long branch is being replenished. Pier village used to have a break at every jetty. Now its a lake. Southern Monmouth has been all "what's the big deal," over us complaining in Monmouth last few years. Now everybody is forked.
    I seen them replenishing 7presidents after that big noreaster we had a few months ago.there was like 1.5 ft of snow on the ground,and it was Saturday,and these guys don't take a break.another good spot buried under the carpet.I don't venture past Asbury,belmar is good,but looks like no more 23 footers

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
    Does it really destroy every break? WTF is right. Every single time? And by "destroy" I don't mean a closeout for a bit till the sand gets rearranged by the next swell. I mean no longer breaks.

Or is this an exaggeration? I've just read about it. Never experienced it first hand. But I'm about to.

I've been through it, and it seemed varied depending on where they did it. What I mean is, some spots seemed to come back much quicker than others. I couldn't tell you why. However alot of spots are going to just stink for a good long while.

I feel like the more Northern spots take longer to come back, but I could be off. Truthfully, in the past when they wrecked a spot, I tended to forget about it for a long time, then one day I checked it out of the blue, and it's working.

One good thing is when the spots come back, they may be different, and some could be better then they once were. OK, thats a lame grab for a positive spin, mostly it sucks.

Once we get our offshire islands, I'm getting a peddleboat and I'm totally over these wrecked beaches. Gonna rip up the Jersey banks. That is if I can peddle through the huge 7 second swells likely to be found in the bay area between the mainland and the new islands.....