LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Does it really destroy every break? WTF is right. Every single time? And by "destroy" I don't mean a closeout for a bit till the sand gets rearranged by the next swell. I mean no longer breaks.

Or is this an exaggeration? I've just read about it. Never experienced it first hand. But I'm about to.
    A few posters have said this is an exaggeration. I don't think so. When they did Long Branch in the early 90's it was a solid 15 years before I was able to ride a wave at the place where I had learned to surf. It was horrible. Long Branch is mostly shut down again. The NOMOCO beaches with the coastal bluff and sharper drop off seems to really suffer the worst from the replenishment.

I surfed a beach this morning in another area of MOCO that was just replenished and it seemed fine. It varies from place to place, but yes, for huge, huge stretches of NJ's best breaks, it may now be years before we surf them again.

Keep in mind that this whole project from Sandy Hook to Manasquan does NOT INCLUDE DUNES. Dunes were proven by Sandy to be the most effective protection (go down to South Seaside Park and see how the dunes saved the community there). And yet, while they're replenishing this stretch of beach, they are not doing the one thing that has actually been proven to work.

#Belmaristheonlysurfbreakontheeastcoast #Belmar4Lyfe #Belmartatto

#Ieatshyt&sleepBelmar #Seeya@Belmaryakooks

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post

But the thousands of miles of sandy coast line along the east coast is a completely different thing. Every surfrider foundation in every town all up and down the coast trying to stop it every year. It ALWAYS fails. So unless you have some serious scientific evidence to prove a BETTER way for the entire east coast to keep from sliding into the ocean other than pumping sand... Please, stand up. Tell them... But let me guess, you don't have a better idea....

It would be different if you or anyone had a legit idea that was better. But they have tried it all. Taking sand from different areas so its a closer match to the sand on the beach, thus making it bla bla blah.... ALl that sh** is putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

So, if you want to stand up and fight. go for it. good luck to you. I hope you win. That would be great. But it sounds to me like you are all fired up and *****ing about something when you have no power to change it.

If you have the solution, we are all listening. Throw your ideas out on the table. Lets all talk about it. There are some intelligent people on this forum and we all want the same thing... If we can all agree that there is a better way, then lets do it. Start a movement.

But why are you going to organize against something that is a necessary evil if you don't have a better solution? If you have a way to have a positive impact on saving the receding coastline AND saving the surf... that will work, but like I said, no one cares if your Sand Bar is a little different. Its a fu**ing sand bar. Not a reef break in New England.
    I do have a better solution. Are you even listening? Replenish with the right sand grains and not fill the beach in flat and pay attention to slope.

Here's the thing...... So there is no one AGAINST beach replenishment done right to save waves. There are ONLY people FOR beach replenishment that still saves the breaks. Ie surfers. Understand what I'm saying. The army corps HAS done projects in the past and paid attention to the sand grain filling not flat ect FOR saving good waves. They have done that.

anyone who says br doesn't ruin waves,never experienced br first hand.theres no benefit to surfers.its only to protect million dollar beachfront property,but hey we let the rich do as they please so let them ruin our surfbreaks.its not like they are paying most of the taxes.

sea bright used to be epic.it hasn't broken in over 15 yrs,not til sandy rolled through.it was epic last winter,now its replenished.back to the norm.the short narrow beaches are the worst and first to get replenished.when theres only 15 ft of beach to the rockwall,then u come back a month later and its 200ft of beach,then u know ur fukd.long beaches like Manasquan don't get as affected by the br,because its equally spaced out.if u were to drain the water and see what it looks like,its basically a deep cliff dropping into the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    #Belmaristheonlysurfbreakontheeastcoast #Belmar4Lyfe #Belmartatto

#Ieatshyt&sleepBelmar #Seeya@Belmaryakooks
    #belmartruth #belmarbenchpress #belmarpartywave

Anyone who lets a good wave go, or worse - doesn't even charge when there's a swell is in effect ruining waves. Spicoli scored 6 rides in 30 mins unexpectedly by still checking the break on the way to the skatepark even though the report said it was flatter than Iowa. When it doubt, paddle out.

FLY A BANNER FOR NOT WASTING WAVES BY GETTING ON THEM

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    I do have a better solution. Are you even listening? Replenish with the right sand grains and not fill the beach in flat and pay attention to slope.

Here's the thing...... So there is no one AGAINST beach replenishment done right to save waves. There are ONLY people FOR beach replenishment that still saves the breaks. Ie surfers. Understand what I'm saying. The army corps HAS done projects in the past and paid attention to the sand grain filling not flat ect FOR saving good waves. They have done that.
    I already mentioned what u r saying in my post. Ask the guys in delmarva about grain matching. That's exactly what I already said to you. It barely helps at all and they NEVER get a perfect match. And slopes? Proper slopes means more sand and more money. Labor and equip. Like I said bro. These r not new ideas. This is the same old BS. So unless u and your surf community are going to front the bill, don't clcomplain.money talks. If u want to change the world, get rich and pay the extra cash to save the breaks.

This is the 457392th time this thread had been created on this forum. Search all the other million threads about this topic. Same result every time.

U think u r a pioneer of beach replenishment?

Be realistic. Using random reef break references about Rhode Island don't mean ****.

Keep dreaming though. If u don't want to make sacrifices and dump money into your ideas, u ain't nothing but a dreamer.

I want to make a wave pool in my backyard that constantly pitches, perfect left barrels. But unless I got money and influence then I'm just another clown talking about **** they don't like but can't do anything about.

I wish the waves were better here too. Can't buy waves.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I already mentioned what u r saying in my post. Ask the guys in delmarva about grain matching. That's exactly what I already said to you. It barely helps at all and they NEVER get a perfect match. And slopes? Proper slopes means more sand and more money. Labor and equip. Like I said bro. These r not new ideas. This is the same old BS. So unless u and your surf community are going to front the bill, don't clcomplain.money talks. If u want to change the world, get rich and pay the extra cash to save the breaks.

This is the 457392th time this thread had been created on this forum. Search all the other million threads about this topic. Same result every time.

U think u r a pioneer of beach replenishment?

Be realistic. Using random reef break references about Rhode Island don't mean ****.

Keep dreaming though. If u don't want to make sacrifices and dump money into your ideas, u ain't nothing but a dreamer.

I want to make a wave pool in my backyard that constantly pitches, perfect left barrels. But unless I got money and influence then I'm just another clown talking about **** they don't like but can't do anything about.

I wish the waves were better here too. Can't buy waves.
    Labor and equipment? So more jobs? Already spending millions.

Keep the negativity going. That's really productive.

sharkhunter, you are one of the sources of negativity and your snarky teenage condescension is grating, reading your posts is like chewing on broken glass, please bugger off

I'm actually optimistic about replenishment at my beach. The sandbars are so far out I doubt they will be much impacted.