LOGIN | REGISTER

the water slowly trying to hit 50 degrees

We need some northeast winds to push in the gulf stream a little and warm up the ocean a bit . looking forward to the smell of coconut and fresh warm water wax , and the beach filled with freshly sun tanned bunns.

Images
    wore my 5/3 all winter + 3hood, 7booties & 5gloves in ME all winter...40* water and 52+ air is feeling like a dream to me, out for 3+ hrs and was warm getting out so no complaints here...although there is nothing like the feeling of getting out with shorts & a rash guard.

however, there's also nothing like getting out of head/ohead with a 10+ period...rarely happens in the NE in shorts & a rash guard right...

Images
    Saw dolphins for the first time yesterday (Maryland). Good sign.

Images
    67 and rising

Images
    just about 60 here in CB, NC. wore a spring suit yesterday, but the water is full of small children wearing only baggies and swimsuits. there is kid warm and then there is adult warm and at least 10 degrees in between the two.

VB water temps had been staying under 45 until last week, then things started warming up - almost daily. Could feel the difference each day I went out. Looks like we're 50, maybe even a little above, now.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    VB water temps had been staying under 45 until last week, then things started warming up - almost daily. Could feel the difference each day I went out. Looks like we're 50, maybe even a little above, now.
    my last go-out (4/12, early a.m.) i wore 5/4 and glad i did…..sojersey…..but that day i rinsed and washed
    it and dried it well in the hopes….long overdue….that warmer days are here. 4/3 I WANT YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by your pier View Post
    wore my 5/3 all winter + 3hood, 7booties & 5gloves in ME all winter...40* water and 52+ air is feeling like a dream to me, out for 3+ hrs and was warm getting out so no complaints here...although there is nothing like the feeling of getting out with shorts & a rash guard.

however, there's also nothing like getting out of head/ohead with a 10+ period...rarely happens in the NE in shorts & a rash guard right...
    It's almost time to break out the 4/3! After wearing the 5.5/4.4 late fall and all winter it's going to feel like I shed 20 lbs. Maybe I'll give it a shot this week during the good swell we're supposed to have.

Awesome spring so far, BTW.