LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Puerto Rico for an Old Lady Surfer

A few friends and I are considering a PR surf trip but before we look much further into details I was wondering if anyone can recommend it for "old lady mediocre surfers". Is the surfing too advanced? Are the surf areas fairly safe?

PS: I loved the fight video post. Pulling hair...shame!

Quote Originally Posted by liberace View Post
    A few friends and I are considering a PR surf trip but before we look much further into details I was wondering if anyone can recommend it for "old lady mediocre surfers". Is the surfing too advanced? Are the surf areas fairly safe?

being bald i was rooting for the bald guy.....

but seriously. theres' TONS of beaches for 'mediocre' surfers.
    why not surfers/marias/little bu for starters....also if its your first trip bring your 'urban aware' mindset....
    just do.

Stay at www.vrbo.com #214129 best deal and they will give you all the info you need read the reviews!!!!!!!!!!

google Mar Azul in rincon and book there and you will be all set - bobby is the man

looks nice Neptune. how far of a ride is that from marias, domes, etc?

[QUOTE=neptunehui;276687]Stay at www.vrbo.com #214129 best deal and they will give you all the info you need read the reviews!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE
    Last edited by bagus; Oct 22, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

I've been to Rincon a bunch with family and without. There are several good breaks in town and nearby that fit the bill. Mar Azul is a good call and also a great place to rent boards, about a mile or so of Domes and Marias. I really like to stay at The Lazy Parrot, which is near Mar Azul. I really recommend hooking up with a good surf guide to show you around to the best places for your level. Whit at Rincon Surf School is really good. Have fun and watch out for the sea urchins.

It is right up the hill call me 516 633 6861 I have been going there since 1970

I include boards with the condo best deal in town!!!!!!!!!!! www.vrbo.com 214129

I also have all the surf maps and inside info in my guest book on coffee table in condo