LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boards in PR

Hybrid View

Boards in PR

Taking a trip down to pr soon and have no idea about my board situation.
    Since you obviously can't rent any board worth more than $50 should i try to fly a couple sticks down there or buy one/then sell it back when i leave?

Any experiences? /advice

if it turns on you're going to want the right equipment which is your standard sb + step-up.
    my advice is suck-it-up $-wise and fly down with your boards.

I had the 6'2" id# GR10-1438-01 when I was there in November... it's one of Hendrick's (one of their shapers) personal board. It worked excellent in everything from well over DOH to chest high and fun. Just bring your own fins 'cause they only provide plastics with the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksurfs View Post
    Since you obviously can't rent any board worth more than $50
    My experience is that is a completely incorrect statement: http://demo.greenroomboardsports.com/puerto-rico/

Plenty of gringos and plenty of boards... Now if ur going to the Dominican Republic that's a different story.

Images
    I would bring a bigger board, that you could ride any size wave with.

the better wave season in PR is coming to an end this time of year... there will still be great waves, probably just not huge waves... that being said- I would take a board with some beef on it- that you could ride smaller waves with and still ride a large swell, if it comes...

There are plenty of places to rent boards from in the Rincon area- if that's where your heading... otherwise im not sure about rentals. its probably 20 bucks a day or something like that to rent, and at least 200 to fly (on major airlines- spirit air is cheaper)

Depends some on how long you'll be there of course, but plenty of places to rent with good selection, especially now that spring breakers are gone. If Rincon, I suggest Mar Azul. Plenty of selection, can switch according to conditions, and nobody knows his stuff like Bob. He is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksurfs View Post
    Taking a trip down to pr soon and have no idea about my board situation.
    Since you obviously can't rent any board worth more than $50 should i try to fly a couple sticks down there or buy one/then sell it back when i leave?

Any experiences? /advice
    Plenty of good boards for rent in the Rincon/Aguadilla area. $100/wk will get you shortboards, fishes and longboards. Try Bobby at Mar Azul surf shop up on top of the hill in Rincon.

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Plenty of good boards for rent in the Rincon/Aguadilla area. $100/wk will get you shortboards, fishes and longboards. Try Bobby at Mar Azul surf shop up on top of the hill in Rincon.
    +1 for Mar Azul, good peoples

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    When I was there in February, Bobby's price was 25 a day/150 a week and you could swap out boards depending on the swell. If you're in Rincon for a week or less its a decent deal for a decent selection of boards. In Aquadilla, try Surf Zone (don;t know the prices).