LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prehistoric world-class surf breaks

Ok braddahs it's rainy and no swell today so the mind is racing. For you geologist folk out there, you're well aware of the continental evolution of the earth's landscape over the years. Just like Lougle Erph helps us postulate new secret spots out there, I challenge you to take the earth's state in a given period and use your imagination in predicting where in the world it was macking with barrells and points and reefs based on the topography of the era.

Who knows, cavemen could've been shredding on lightweight stone boards on the most epic of Paleolithic points. A Shaka on the wall of a cave would tell all.

Images
    Pangea rocked. East and west coast got the same swells eventually.

Images
    My Answer: The Point area of North West Peru. Either Baterias or Organos. Organos is a right and left reef, huge spitting barrels and Baterias is a Left Hand Monster....

According to my calculations, that would leave nothing but open ocean and that NW tip of Peru just stick out there sucking up prehistoric swell my brothers...

Me and Fred Flintstone would be shredding that sh(( all day.

iv been saying for years,west Africa.if ur bored and have time,look at the northwest coast of Africa on google maps,not talking morocco im talking Liberia and south.also the southeast of Africa is wave rich.people see footage of Namibia,the endless barrel,and I have to think,theres got to be plenty of more waves like that in the area.most people wouldn't want to go,including me,with fear of being kidnapped by rebels.the Africans make al queda look like catholic school children.

also lots of places in indo besides bali and Sumatra.the best thing about surfing is the endless pursuit of a new spot.theres plenty of epic waves,theyr just in all the wrong places

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    iv been saying for years,west Africa.if ur bored and have time,look at the northwest coast of Africa on google maps,not talking morocco im talking Liberia and south.also the southeast of Africa is wave rich.people see footage of Namibia,the endless barrel,and I have to think,theres got to be plenty of more waves like that in the area.most people wouldn't want to go,including me,with fear of being kidnapped by rebels.the Africans make al queda look like catholic school children.

also lots of places in indo besides bali and Sumatra.the best thing about surfing is the endless pursuit of a new spot.theres plenty of epic waves,theyr just in all the wrong places
    Yeah, but you have to remember that we are talking pangea here my brother. West Africa is was the old indiana back in the day. It was center continent... Now the north east coast of Africa, in this application would have maybe been rad. It would just be one big ocean, so who knows what side was getting better swell...

Images
    I've thought about the surf Pangea would of has at times, but also I bet Mars was cranking back in the day. There's planets out there with probably waves made of liquid silver and ****. It would be pretty awesome. Even imagine swell of the past history like 1000 years ago. I'm going to get a time machine and surf Noah's archs flood swell on a sup.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    I'm going to get a time machine and surf Noah's archs flood swell on a sup.
    I'll bring a boogie board and join you man!

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    but also I bet Mars was cranking back in the day.
    Absolutely, and Uranus if it wasn't such a sh!thole.

probably had some huge swells. If there was essentially only one land mass the potential wind fetch would wrap 2/3 around the globe.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    probably had some huge swells. If there was essentially only one land mass the potential wind fetch would wrap 2/3 around the globe.
    Yeah, even the westcoast of the US would have been sucking up swell with 10,000 mile fetches.

"GOOD MORNING, THIS IS CAVEMAN-SHREDDER WITH YOUR STONE AGE, DAWN PATROL SURF REPORT FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA FOR THIS DAY OF APRIL 24TH, 1.8 GA. THE NOR-CAL BUOYS ARE READING 76 FEET AT A PERIOD OF 44 SECONDS. BRING YOUR STONE-GUN WITH A GOOD PIN TALE. ALSO THE BOYS WILL BE LASO-TOWING OFF OF MEGALODON FINS AT GHOST-TREE TO ASSIST THEM WITH GETTING INTO THESE 150 FOOT FACES. WINDS WILL BE LIGHT AND OFFSHORE. A -22 FOOT LOW TIDE WILL BE AT SUNRISE AND THE TIDE WILL MAX OUT AT 19 FEET AROUND MID-AFTERNOON. HAPPY SHREDDING.