LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best wax for WB

Hybrid View

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Angry best wax for WB

i was wondering what the best wax would be for down here at WB cause i've tried all kind of thicknesses that sex wax makes and they're just not working for me. And why i'm asking this is cause when i go for any sharp turns on any of my boards i'm loosing my footing when i have just waxed that board. so if you have any advise please give it to me.

sex wax sucks. try sticky bumps doesn't float but sticks and does not come off like palmers

why dont you try some other kinds? people have different preferences...

Koooooooooooooooook

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    fishinwita510 who you calling a kook?

apparently you BROSEPH... what kind of wax is best for writesville beach... WHAT kind of question is that? seriouly man, i hope your joking. if not then you should self reflect on how stupid you are, you must rip man, i gots to say, for wax not to hold those sick carves you lay out.... better get some gorilla glue. and no thats not a wax, "brah" kook !

Quote Originally Posted by fishinwitha510 View Post
    apparently you BROSEPH... what kind of wax is best for writesville beach... WHAT kind of question is that? seriouly man, i hope your joking. if not then you should self reflect on how stupid you are, you must rip man, i gots to say, for wax not to hold those sick carves you lay out.... better get some gorilla glue. and no thats not a wax, "brah" kook !
    Wrightsville Beach (as in the Wright Brothers, first in flight, etc), not Writesville
    Seriously, not seriouly; You're joking not your joking

MB and WB have similar weather and water temps. Sticky Bumps tends to clump up and come off while Sex Wax goes on better, but doesn't last long. I prefer Sex Wax. I'm planning on trying some local shop brands soon. If you have too much wax built up it is hard for the new wax to get a good grip. Use a blow dryer to heat up the wax on your board and scrape it off with an old credit card so you can start with a fresh slate. Let us know what wax works best for you. I'd like to find something better than what I have been using.

Thumbs up

this is what i do, I skrap it clean, then I use sex wax base coat, after that I use a whole cake of stiky bumps, but thats just me....

Glued down FLYPAPER works great. I'll bet you NONE of you remember something called SLIP CHECK. There's some History......

Hint........

Use no wax............................surf............... ..................

Then,

Use wax................................surf........... .....................

IT ALL ****ING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

I have surfed many places in the world and i have never had a preference except surfing WITH wax