LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

something surf related

so, uh, things have been *really* ****ing weird around here lately. so in the interest of fanning some stoke, here's a little video about my favorite shaper:

Couple observations...

The guys are total artists... think like artists, work like artists, surf like artists.

Nice shot of the elevated wing (e-wing) at about 4:25.

10" half round convex surform blade for concaves... why didn't I think of that!

I want one...

yea, i love the phrase, "never for money, always for love" they use & the "peace" that malcolm signs on each board. the philosophical underpinnings of the bonzer concept go so much deeper than "hey, we think this works better so you should try it", & that makes them so much more than "just" surfboard builders.

the e-wing is fantastic...love it on my octa! the thing really does boogie up & down the face of a wave quickly. i'm kinda curious to try one on a more traditional hpsb type board.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'm kinda curious to try one on a more traditional hpsb type board.
    I'll build it! Let's go!

Always interested in the e-wing and the only non-bonzer I have seen 'em on are the VS shadows...NJ you feel it has more release through turns or is it just allowing the wider tail to move around a bit easier?

people who don't support a local shaper should be pulled from the lineup, doused in gasoline and set on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    Always interested in the e-wing and the only non-bonzer I have seen 'em on are the VS shadows...NJ you feel it has more release through turns or is it just allowing the wider tail to move around a bit easier?
    not many people use them...prob. b/c it's a PITA to glass & sand. i haven't ridden an octafish w/out the e-wing, so hard to say, but i'd say my octa has more release & responsiveness than other boards i've ridden that were similar in concept & intent.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    people who don't support a local shaper should be pulled from the lineup, doused in gasoline and set on fire.
    umm...thanks?

malcolm isn't exactly "local" to me...

still a small time local shaper somewhere right?

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Yep, why surf something from cali or australia when you surf on the east coast?