LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    could be interesting. i'll offer up my 3 genuine CB bonzers for you to study, LB...rails, fin placement, concaves, rocker, etc...i also have 3 different sizes of bonzer center fins: 6", 6.5", & 7", so we can try the different sizes out see which we like best. 6.5" seems to be the winner for me, but the jury is still out on the 7".
    Cool... I rode the one I shaped with a 7" center and the standard solid glass True Ames side runners. I guess the only thing to do now is decide on dims... If you look at the "contemporary" models, what would you ride? They don't have the e-wing, but we could do that anyway... I'll start the conversation with 6'6x19x2.5... liking round tails, but could do that Lost winged round tail and make it an e-wing. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Cool... I rode the one I shaped with a 7" center and the standard solid glass True Ames side runners. I guess the only thing to do now is decide on dims... If you look at the "contemporary" models, what would you ride? They don't have the e-wing, but we could do that anyway... I'll start the conversation with 6'6x19x2.5... liking round tails, but could do that Lost winged round tail and make it an e-wing. Thoughts?
    my current contemporary bonzer is 6'4"x19 1/4"x2 1/2" rounded pin...it's more like my step up now, i ride my octafish far more. i was thinking for this project to do something more versatile, like 6'2"x20"x2 1/2" w/ an e-wing squash or swallow tail (though round would work, too).

Fully understand that but don't have the $$ for a proper sized bonzer for myself...I have one in mind for NJ east coast... http://store.mollusksurfshop.com/col...-light-vehicle

only a few places carry them stock on East coast and it would be well over 900 to get one from CA.

that's like riding a motorcycle w/ training wheels, man. can't get a proper sense of how a bonzer works by riding a thruster, even one shaped by malcolm.

they're faster than a thruster or quad (IMO), negate the need for the ugly "double pump bottom turn", hold higher & tighter in the pocket & barrel, & favor the type of surfing i enjoy most, namely high speed, full rail power surfing. i'm not foolish enough to think i actually surf like that, but the design encourages that. some people (mostly those who've never ridden one) will say that bonzers ride like a "super charged single fin", but that's pretty much bogus.
    Never ridden one, but from the sounds of it, its right up my alley. just the way i like to surf... or at least try to surf. i might have to take you up on that offer of trying one yours out. how do they hold on a hard bottom turn on a wave with a lot of power?

my current contemporary bonzer is 6'4"x19 1/4"x2 1/2" rounded pin...it's more like my step up now, i ride my octafish far more. i was thinking for this project to do something more versatile, like 6'2"x20"x2 1/2" w/ an e-wing squash or swallow tail (though round would work, too).
    Something like a Sharp Eye Blowfish? Wider nose, etc.? Or just a wider hpsb?

how about a 6'0" egg. 19 3/4" wide with a round tail 5 finner with the wing? that would be pretty versatile for a wide range of surfers and a waves types.

Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    Never ridden one, but from the sounds of it, its right up my alley. just the way i like to surf... or at least try to surf. i might have to take you up on that offer of trying one yours out. how do they hold on a hard bottom turn on a wave with a lot of power?
    just dandy...it's really what they love. rode my octafish in cape may this morning & didn't have an issue

to clarify: everywhere i've been, i've taken a bonzer w/ me- costa rica, maldives, panama, hatteras, california. i wouldn't ride them if i didn't believe they are the most functional design for my surfing.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Apr 19, 2014 at 02:09 AM.

more the wider hpsb shape...mini merk was what i had in mind.

just slap the e-wing on there...
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Apr 19, 2014 at 02:11 AM.

Worked up a draft template...

6'2 x 12 7/16 x 20 x 15 x 2 1/2 Wide point 2 1/2 back, foiled slightly thicker... brings up the volume to about 31.5L. Winged squash? Sounds a little weird...

Worked up a draft template...

6'2 x 12 7/16 x 20 x 15 x 2 1/2 Wide point 2 1/2 back, foiled slightly thicker... brings up the volume to about 31.5L. Winged squash? Sounds a little weird...
    looks a little weird, too...

sounds like a good set of #'s, LB.