LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    still a small time local shaper somewhere right?
    oxnard. but i'm not sure i'd call malcolm "small time". maybe in comparison to a brand like ci or lost, i guess.

Well I mean if every board in your quiver isn't local, I think a beating or a stern talking to would suffice over setting someone on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Yep, why surf something from cali or australia when you surf on the east coast?
    b/c they ****ing work better than anything else i've ever ridden.

What is the allure of a bonzer? I mean they look really cool, but what do they add to the experience?

What is the allure of a bonzer? I mean they look really cool, but what do they add to the experience?
    they're faster than a thruster or quad (IMO), negate the need for the ugly "double pump bottom turn", hold higher & tighter in the pocket & barrel, & favor the type of surfing i enjoy most, namely high speed, full rail power surfing. i'm not foolish enough to think i actually surf like that, but the design encourages that. some people (mostly those who've never ridden one) will say that bonzers ride like a "super charged single fin", but that's pretty much bogus.

more hold more drive more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    b/c they ****ing work better than anything else i've ever ridden.
    Well that's the best reason. I'm lucky to have had great experiences with a shaper in town.

"We are a verb" cool philosophy. "We aren't who we think we are, we are what we do" Thanks for sharing, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    more hold more drive more speed.
    well, yea, if you want to be all succinct & crap.

I'll have to get a bonzer under my feet sometime, sounds fun

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    they're faster than a thruster or quad (IMO), negate the need for the ugly "double pump bottom turn", hold higher & tighter in the pocket & barrel, & favor the type of surfing i enjoy most, namely high speed, full rail power surfing. i'm not foolish enough to think i actually surf like that, but the design encourages that. some people (mostly those who've never ridden one) will say that bonzers ride like a "super charged single fin", but that's pretty much bogus.
    more like just a super charged surfboard. i think you can take almost any shape and make it a bonzer and it just super charges it.