LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    That's an interesting board. Seems too wide to be in the semi-gun category. Is that thickness on the thin side for a board of that length and width? For rails offering better performance I presume?

What I'm finding in my own riding is that I need entry rocker even for thicker and smaller boards. You guys here on this thread are a big help in learning more.
    Thanks man it Is interesting...The thickness is the widest point and most of that volume is in the middle foiled out Really nicely to some medium rails and hard edge throught the last 1/4.

And just a suggestion Emass regarding more entry rocker? You don't need it. If your name was SouthPacific Spicoli? Sure. But, not for around here where we live. I'm not sure what type of boards you ride but I'm guessing primarily shortboards? Look for or ask for something that has a rolled entry in the bottom contour through the nose, like on a Hull. It will speed water down and away Very quickly and smoothly and won't interrupt your rail line like More rocker would.
    Oh, and angle your take offs. 90% of the waves we surf here not only allow it, they demand it. Good luck man.
    Last edited by kpd73; Apr 21, 2014 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpd73 View Post
    Thanks man and yeah it's Red-x. One bolt-No jolt. Travelling board.
    it's funny how many people love the removable side fins for travel, whether red-x, lok-box, or fcs. i've never had bonzers w/ any of those & (through pure dumb luck, apparently) have never had a problem traveling w/ my bonzers all over the place.

[QUOTE=EmassSpicoli;231024
    What I'm finding in my own riding is that I need entry rocker even for thicker and smaller boards. You guys here on this thread are a big help in learning more.[/QUOTE]

why "need", emass? i mean, every board in existence has some amount of entry rocker, but one w/ lower rocker generally will plane better & get into waves earlier than one w/ higher.

Quote Originally Posted by kpd73 View Post
    Look for or ask for something that has a rolled entry in the bottom contour through the nose, like on a Hull. It will speed water down and away Very quickly and smoothly and won't interrupt your rail line like More rocker would.
    I've been putting a little vee in the entry on my smaller wave boards with lower rocker and wider noses, and it works beautifully. Stole that idea from William "Stretch" Riedel. They push less water when paddling (a problem with a lot of wide-nosed boards) and add a touch of rail rocker in the nose, which helps prevent the nose rail from catching then coming off the top or when you're trying to put as much rail into a turn as a small/weak wave can handle.

Here's my Campbell Bros board. 6-1 x 19 x 2.5 with foiled rails; its my winter good wave board but will work in waist high stuff as long as its a good shape

Here's one by Danny Martinez in San Diego. 3 fin bonzer setup, 5-10 x 20

Barry Snyder is currently designing me something that is going to be a 5 fin bonzer and the sickness

love that chili bonzer, ifall. barry snyder's work is amazing as well...definitely a positive addition to any thread. make sure you post pics of that board when it's finished!