Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I made it all the way up to my thighs, flipped my board over to let the wax harden, felt something brush against my foot and thought,"stay still." Bastard tagged me anyway, didn't even get my hair wet and here I am soaking a ray sting in a bowl of hot water. : (
    Sorry to hear about that.
    I do the "sting ray shuffle" when wading in and out but still figure it's just a matter of time before it happens to me. Rays concern me more than sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    http://911surfreport.com/2014/04/19/...rtsaturday-34/

I'll take waves like this any day. So fun this mornin
    Nice. That looks fun.
    Send some this way!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    http://911surfreport.com/2014/04/19/...rtsaturday-34/

I'll take waves like this any day. So fun this mornin
    K-man. Good surfing with you..it was fun today.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Actually, today probably qualifies as EPIC for garden planting. The wife and I did some maintenance on ours last week but looks like we're not going to get planting until next week. Seriously, I'm envious.

Hopefully it stays as short period as it has 'cause Mase is pretty much going to be the only call locally for the next few days. It was somewhat crowded this morning but EVERYONE was getting waves, I saw no hassling and the only drop-in I saw was two friends messing around for the comedy of it... peaks everywhere... damn, maybe it was epic?
    great to hear! im looking for some swell that's not blown out tomorrow and monday. might get down to holden or up to Surf City if the winds cooperate... ohh the search for a clean face!

I made it all the way up to my thighs, flipped my board over to let the wax harden, felt something brush against my foot and thought,"stay still." Bastard tagged me anyway, didn't even get my hair wet and here I am soaking a ray sting in a bowl of hot water. : (
    damn...was just talking about stingrays (& steve irwin) at dinner last night w/ the family. how long will you be out of the water?

Guess what time of the month it is in the Gaffer household.
    my sympathies. there are many women in my life. wouldn't have it....any.....other..........(sigh).

Until this afternoon or evening, I'm hoping. It wasn't too bad a tag and didn't go very deep. I've had it in really hot water for two hours now.
    well that's good, at least. minor miracles, i suppose.

I was just trying to get a quick sesh in before I had to take my kiddo to swim lessons at the Y. My wife had to work and since I couldn't take her now, I got an earful of how selfish I am for going surfing before I have someplace I HAVE to be. Getting stung by a sting ray had become my fault. First time it's happened since 2004. Guess what time of the month it is in the Gaffer household.
    LMAO! that's brutal, man. hope your couch is comfy...

Yikes! No bueno dude. Dano! Good seeing you too

Images
    wow man what a puss man up you didnt even get stung that hard, damn west coast boys need to soldier up for Christs sake.

I've been brutally attacked by rays on both east and west cost. West hurt way, more. The one and only time that I passed out from pain.i feel for you. all I can say is s#ck it up butter cup. Surf soon and peace.
    Last edited by GreenFlash35; Apr 20, 2014 at 02:48 AM. Reason: ouch