LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    WH-CH+ today and clean. Still blowing sideshore and drifting, but not as bad as yesterday. My last wave was a solid left. Dropped in, beat a section, big cutback on a clean face, stall stall stall up top in the pocket, accelerate down the face, frontside 360, rebound off the foamball and then glide right on in to shore. Satisfaction. Sunny and hot with blue water and dolphins.
    Word to the wise. If you live in California, it's not very good etiquette to post the daily surf report on here. It gets people upset after a while. When people are reminded that it's chest to head high all the time, and you are deciding whether or not to go out, it makes people start to wilt inside. I was once in your position, being the guy sharing his stoke with everyone, but man, I am now on the other side of the spectrum and I understand why people eventually said, look dude, keep it to yourself. I get it, there are waves every day...

Cheers though, sounds like you had a ton of fun.

Damn, where else can I talk about my sessions if not on a surf forum? I don't really get into complaining about politics or whatever. It's going to be flat next week. Probably. We'll also have some flat spells in the summer and I can get all jealous about your hurricanes.

When I lived on the EC, I got a decent amount of surf, especially in the spring, winter, and fall. There were months when I would paddle out 2-3X per week for the entire month. I was behind the cape, though, so a lot of the summer south swells from hurricanes and "tradewinds" got blocked. NE'ers were the ticket, which meant some snowy paddlouts. I think I still have my 3 mil gloves somewhere...

Images
    Damn, where else can I talk about my sessions if not on a surf forum? I don't really get into complaining about politics or whatever. It's going to be flat next week. Probably. We'll also have some flat spells in the summer and I can get all jealous about your hurricanes.

When I lived on the EC, I got a decent amount of surf, especially in the spring, winter, and fall. There were months when I would paddle out 2-3X per week for the entire month. I was behind the cape, though, so a lot of the summer south swells from hurricanes and "tradewinds" got blocked. NE'ers were the ticket, which meant some snowy paddlouts. I think I still have my 3 mil gloves somewhere...
    Ohh, it's all good brother. I love to hear it. Also, remember the hurricane season is the same time on the west coast. The fall used to be my favorite time of year out there. Plenty of swell and great weather....

Cheers. It is great to hear that you are having fun out there though. Enjoy.

I was the same way back in the day. Just stoked all the time, and there is NO ONE talking on the west coast portion of this forum, so I was always talking to the mid-atlantic guys and stuff. There are only like 5-10 people on here that post from CA and it's usually not in the west coast forum. There is a reason there aren't too many people on the internet surf forums from the west coast... ya know? Its called waves.

Images

Where do you live in California? The OC?

Images
    hey you cali kook the funny thing is you can surf everyday and east coast surfers still shred better and harder... dont be trying to show off(hey bros i can do 360s on a sponge,he he im so cool) 3mill gloves??? really dude come to the bmar and you will be thrashed...come to da folly and you will be destroyed. come to my beach and you might get crucified to a palm tree son. we go hard in these parts dont doubt us for a minute or second...or hour.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    come to my beach and you might get crucified to a palm tree son. we go hard in these parts dont doubt us for a minute or second...or hour.
    Pure gold right here!!! HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    hey you cali kook the funny thing is you can surf everyday and east coast surfers still shred better and harder...
    Dude, I'm sure you really shred better and harder at building sand castles. I went to Folly beach once. It looks like a great place for albino manatees to get a tan.