LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swimfins

i have the vipers and they dont hurt my feet just get my legs tired because i only use them once a month or less....they are pretty nice and comfy...dont let in too much sand

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AsburyBodyboarder View Post
    I use churhills. They are very good but hurt your feet.
    They aren't very good fins if they hurt your feet, that goes for any fin.

Kicks Kicks Kicks - the best ****ing fin out there, IMHO, and I have a super trashed right ankle and I can wear them all day without much pain.

Fins are a real pain in the butt but a necessary evil, might as well make them as comfortable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by oOC_SWELLo View Post
    isnt that why we should use fin socks?
    Fin socks do not save your feet from hurting from badly designed flippers.

Images
    Redley's or BZ's!

Images
    Chuchills in blue and gray cut through my feet. Blue and yellow are better.

Images
    Worn Churchills and BZs.

An old Churchill pair from the 70s and the new blue/yellow ones. These are my favorite fins. Just make sure you get the right size so that they don't kill your feet. The BZs I didn't have long, they were when I was a kid and my feet were growing fast. They were OK at best.

I've worn my friends Body Gloves with the neoprene liner and adjustable strap. They are extremely comfortable. However, I feel they lack a lot in power, because of the neoprene the boot part isn't that stiff, so it flexes a lot when you kick. Unlike the Churchill's which is why they have a lot of power.

Images

Arrow

Used Custom X and they used to be great but lost one and got a new pair. Whoops! lost another, then hey now I got another 3rd pair haha.

But now i ones called G Fins. Got them in NC when I lost one on a solo trip down there, so picked up the new pair. But then.......Blisters and sores like real sick ones.

Now always finne socks.
    See ya on 6th st jetty for Bertha!

I use the Vipers V5 Orange Dot (flex fin) for warm water and the Techs (not the Tech2) for cold water (larger pocket for all the fin socks 5mm+ rubber). I formerly used the Churchills when their blades were flexi and made with rubber. I don't like the stiff blades.

I use Churchills (blue and grey) almost exclusively. With fin socks. I guess it depends on the sock as well. I use what appear to be scuba diving socks, they are basically tube socks, stop half way up my shin. My cousin just got a pair of, can't remember the brand, I thought they sucked when I tried them. Real low cut, little to thick, and the heel was exposed, waste of $20 to me.