LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Dorks with 12 posts or less:
    Naming spots is a no no. Naming spots in your screen name is............I don't even know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Dorks with 12 posts or less:
    Naming spots is a no no. Naming spots in your screen name is............I don't even know what to say.
    ...confidence? Not giving a..?

I hardly think that Sandy hook is a secret at this point...much less any other NJ spots sans the Delaware river bay....

Surfed the south end of LBI with plenty of friends and had a good time...even though I got on it a bit late.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    I hardly think that Sandy hook is a secret at this point...much less any other NJ spots sans the Delaware river bay....

Surfed the south end of LBI with plenty of friends and had a good time...even though I got on it a bit late.
    Really? I thought it was extra, super secret, classified and what not. Thanks for the update.

It's not about secrets, it's about calling unnecessary attention to a surf spot for no good reason.
    Pipeline isn't a secret spot either, but getting on the World Wide Web and yapping about how good it is, saying how the sand is right, while essentially inviting all surfers to come get some, makes you a total a$$.

"The more, the merrier", does not apply to surfing. Wake up.

It's not about secrets, it's about calling unnecessary attention to a surf spot for no good reason.
    This. ^^ I've never understood why something has to be secret to be worth protecting?

Thanks for the call out Doug but were going to disagree on this issue...this site...Surfline, etc. all provide general locations for surf spots (if not even more specific locations). it's not like he's being super specific and explaining about tides, swell angles, street names, etc. if that was the case is agree with ya...but he's stoked he got it good and sharing on a forum...good for him.

As for shifting beach breaks...here for one storm gone after another...we're not talking about a point, refef, etc.

This is EXACTLY on point

i don't post much- but going to defend myself here - towns are not spots. specifically ones surf cams in/near them.

i get Doug's 'spot naming' thing- I lived in CA for years and places get overrun for months after someone chatted about swell direction, wind etc.....

I was just trying to share the stoke after a good day. Hope everyone scored yesterday

Images
    I was in mid-Jersey at a super secret surf spot and the waves were really good on Sat. morning!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    This is EXACTLY on point
    EXACTLY on point +2