LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ya good thing it was a 4 hour sesh, the first half of which we didn't have to deal with much of it and got most of our day's rides. The kook karnival didn't arrive until the last hour or two. Those offshores were pumping hard today too. Some gusts in excess of 20mph. Makes 60s air temp not so balmy. Still, not cold in 4 hours. Life is good.

Images
    Man, I am a magnet for that behavior. I must have a sign on my back that says come and get me. Problem is I'm probably one of the most stubborn people in the water and once challenged I rarely give up until I win or my session is ruined. I see my buddies just sit back and laugh at these kooks and I wish I could do that. I think the wise thing is to let these people do their thing and realize there are more important things in life than catching the next mush burger but it's so damn hard. My answer is to have zero tolerance for crowds. I mean if someone I don't know is within 100 feet of me it's too crowded and I move. Sometimes the only answer is confrontation although it's a soul killer when it comes to that.
    Last edited by Zippy; Apr 20, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Man, I am a magnet for that behavior. I must have a sign on my back that says come and get me. Sometimes the only answer is confrontation although it's a soul killer when it comes to that.
    fight back with low level harassment which is neither assault nor menacing. angle-paddle AT them constantly,
    paddle RIGHT behind them, give them priority BY JUST AN INCH, force them to commit to wave no. 1 of set,
    stare at them, learn the head-fake, "fake" paddle around them, "accidentally" grab their leash.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Or you could just open your mouth and tell them that what they are doing is bothering you. Don't be passive aggressive. Tell them why you're mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsmacker View Post
    Or you could just open your mouth and tell them that what they are doing is bothering you. Don't be passive aggressive. Tell them why you're mad bro
    I can't speak to every scenario.. but in my situation it won't do any good to talk it out. the guy thinks he's as good as a pro or at least better than everyone around him.
    Actually it brings up a topic that has come up on here before...
    who has the priority on a wave... my feelings are whoever is on the inside gets the wave. but there are people who think the first guy that makes a paddling move for the wave gets it and I think that's what this guy thinks.
    Luckily for me I'm bigger than most people who surf and I've got no problems getting into a paddle battle if needed.... its just such a stoke drainer to be in that environment when there is no reason for it.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    back up, I wanna know more about this Fitzpedo...and does it come with a cup holder?

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    back up, I wanna know more about this Fitzpedo...and does it come with a cup holder?
    I think you joined a month or so after the "fitzpedo" thing was coined. lol.
    I'll give it to you in a nutshell... I took some kid out that dropped in on me.... I yelled down the line I was going... he looked at me and just went anyway... ofcourse I caught up to him and we made contact. the great thing was that I had the video footage. so... the kid was 18 or 19 years old... possibly older. but by the time it had gone through pages and pages of debate the kid was now 6 years old and every parent on the site was talking about how they would kick ass if that was their kid.... it really spun out of control.... but I'm not sure who coined the name fitzpedo. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I think you joined a month or so after the "fitzpedo" thing was coined. lol.
    I'll give it to you in a nutshell... I took some kid out that dropped in on me.... I yelled down the line I was going... he looked at me and just went anyway... ofcourse I caught up to him and we made contact. the great thing was that I had the video footage. so... the kid was 18 or 19 years old... possibly older. but by the time it had gone through pages and pages of debate the kid was now 6 years old and every parent on the site was talking about how they would kick ass if that was their kid.... it really spun out of control.... but I'm not sure who coined the name fitzpedo. lol.
    Vids or it didn't happen. You know the drill, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Vids or it didn't happen. You know the drill, bro.
    the vids is down forever.... however... here is the best you'll get.

Fitzpedo.JPG
    Last edited by MFitz73; Apr 20, 2014 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the vids is down forever.... however... here is the best you'll get.

Fitzpedo.JPG

lol.........