1) scared to say boo to a drop-in.
    2) pro surfer manners
    3) bottom wiggling in one footers
    4) winning contests by bottom wiggling in one footers
    5) crowing about their victory after bottom wiggling in one footers
    6) 15 year olds calling themselves professionals
    7) church yes politics no
    8) just not taking a stand
    9) terrified to say good morning (Linwood males).
    10) never leaving the comfort zone…..even………for………..waves.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    well "good morning!" baddy! Its funny cause I can always tell who's from where in the lineup by how people react when I paddle by and give em a "whas up" or " nice wave!" Hey yanks, If you're surfing and not in a good mood you should probably go home and wash out some of that salt from your vagina. and when I say home...I mean all the waaaay back to Linwood

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    well "good morning!" baddy! Its funny cause I can always tell who's from where in the lineup by how people react when I paddle by and give em a "whas up" or " nice wave!" Hey yanks, If you're surfing and not in a good mood you should probably go home and wash out some of that salt from your vagina. and when I say home...I mean all the waaaay back to Linwood
    well said,I hate people who have a negative attitude in the water,its like why the fuk are u out here??!kooook

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    1) scared to say boo to a drop-in.
    2) pro surfer manners
    3) bottom wiggling in one footers
    4) winning contests by bottom wiggling in one footers
    5) crowing about their victory after bottom wiggling in one footers
    6) 15 year olds calling themselves professionals
    7) church yes politics no
    8) just not taking a stand
    9) terrified to say good morning (Linwood males).
    10) never leaving the comfort zone…..even………for………..waves.

i agree with you. it's really mediocre and homogeneous group outside of Kelly. I'm a big proponent of people believing whatever they want but at the same time, keep that to yourself. Hobgoods, Medina and a few others are really on the god kick and it's irritating and played out.

i like to watch medina surf but i don't go for that praying either. cj has learned - albeit at his advanced age -
    that that stuff makes no friends or opens no doors. gabriel will likely pick up on this…….

[QUOTE=ihatelongboarders;230932 Hobgoods, Medina and a few others are really on the god kick and it's irritating and played out.[/QUOTE]

Ive heard from FL insiders that a lot of the FL god pros are full of sheet and drink, drug, and fornicate like ivy league frat boys, hypocrites galore

Images
    I agree **** them what do they do for us.... Nothing

It's not just drop-ins. Very few people say ANYTHING to somebody who does something stupid in the water.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    It's not just drop-ins. Very few people say ANYTHING to somebody who does something stupid in the water.
    I agree, but over the years, I have also learned that it is VERY rare that someone is kooking and actually puts you in danger. Thats what it takes for me... Danger. Anything other than that, within reason shouldn't bug people that much that know what they are doing. I mean, a decent surfer should be up and riding and navigating through the tourist buoys quite well. I mean, we know all the moves. The grabbing the board that flies up in front of you after a guy drops in a pearls. The go around. The push off if they straight line out in front of you. The quick pop through the back if its a decent size and you dont want to mess your board up. 9 out of 10 times, the guy in question knows he is wrong. That deer in headlights look as he goes over the falls and you are making eye contact. They know. I just find it very rare that words need to be said. If people who don't know what you are doing see you flying down the wave face every time a set comes, and blasting water in their direction through your turns, people know the deal. They quickly understand that any time a wave comes, we better look out, cause that dude is moving way too fast...

Surfing speaks louder than words 999 times out of 1000. But im not the guy trying to "educate" and drop knowledge to some dude from Arizona who is there for a day....

I said this many moons ago. If you constantly find yourself "surrounded by kooks" and you are so upset that your spots have been taken over in the summer. You should probably look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are out govelling at the one "surf only" beach in the area at 2pm on a Saturday in August. I mean, we should all be smart enough to crack swells. know when to go. Those beaches aren't protected at 8am. We should all know our areas well enough to know how to deal with the summer. If i can do it in San Diego, you can do it anywhere. I spent all last summer here, surfing with almost no crowds. All up and down the island. There were tourists EVERYWHERE. So, it can be done... But if I am down in Coligny on the weekend yelling about all the kooks around me and how I was here all winter, I have to look myself in the mirror and say, now who is the kook?

These comments are directed at no on in particular, its just spring time, and all of us grouchy locals are preparing for the inevitable onslaught of crowds and tourists. So, this is the same stuff I mentioned last year, and the year before that and so on...

I am just numb to it. I don't get grumpy, I just get waves and go home.

i'm am tired of the medina god stuff lately. Just once i want a professional athelete to say "I want to thank myself, for busting my tail for the last 10 years, working hard, training and making this possible."