LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Oh man, ask NJSurfer42 he's the expert. Mediums should work, right? I can help you find some deals though:, most people will do Paypal these days:
    I saw these and if I dint have the k2.1s and an old set of kgrip carbon lites, I'd grab these:
    FCS V2 Tri Quad Set Fins - $80 (Woodland Hills)
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...563111966.html

Those m3's or the t&c fronts might work well with these, just kind of good to have a set of rear fins that work with a lot of side templates:

FCS G-XQ Fins (Quad Trailers) - $45 (san juan capistrano)
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/4544032947.html

I think I actually bought NJSurfer42's off him. Always good deals on fins on the erBB too:
    http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/ubb...Board=5&page=1
    As always you're a wealth of knowledge my friend. I'll be doing some shopping and will see what I can pick up for a good deal. I got a Paypal account already setup so it should be rather simple. I'll let ya know when I finally get a new set and try them out. So it sounds like medium fins for small - medium surf, and large fins for overhead surf.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I'm 5'9" and 165 lbs. and the TC Redlines are not too much fin as long as you are in well overhead surf. That is what they are made for: heavy bottom turns, lots of drive, smooth roundhouse cutbacks. If you like to power carve on good waves like PR has, try those or some Sunny G's. Plug them in and lean into the turn with everything, and make sure you do a Sunny Snarl as you look over your back shoulder after each frontside hack for maximum spray and crowd shock and awe.
    Thanks sisurfdogg, I definitely will be picking a set of these up, especially for PR, and big E. / W. Coast days. Those with the some of the ones Gaff suggests should keep me dialed in. I was skipping and losing traction on big bottom turns last time down to PR, so hopefully these will fix that.

Images

Well soon i'll be getting this board so right now I like 5 fins. Oh, and when you buy a superbrand board, all the fins come free.

Nothing in this world is "free" bro. Except for high fives.

Quote Originally Posted by dansan View Post
    Attachment 11544
    I like the Neil Purchase Jr. Quartet set up now...
    5" fins in the front...3-3.25" rear fins
    found this to be the best set up for one of my quads too. good hold and drive but pretty loose. It can handle size too. i tried back fins with less rake (scimatar) but felt a loss of drive right away. funny how the smallest tweak changes how a board rides.

I love my quad and it is a squash tail which helps out getting more vertical. I never take it on trips to good waves doesn't hold as right in hollow waves but if I had one choice living around here I would surf my quad fish.

Switched to bigger trailer fins...using ea futures v2 foil on the fronts and qd2 4.15. Love the drive I get with this setup while still providing that skatey feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post

Well soon i'll be getting this board so right now I like 5 fins. Oh, and when you buy a superbrand board, all the fins come free.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    found this to be the best set up for one of my quads too. good hold and drive but pretty loose. It can handle size too. i tried back fins with less rake (scimatar) but felt a loss of drive right away. funny how the smallest tweak changes how a board rides.
    Agreed, I kept watching those vids with Neil just getting into the sweetest barrels with this set up ..then saw thread on sways...and finally emailed Neil..he was awesome...in fact looking forward to surfing with him next year when i go to aus., ..funny thing...it really has made the 6.8 just so solid and reliable...i just couldnt find the setup..thruster, quad, 2+1, etc..then this..wow....and the mini now can handle really close to shore high tide..steep take offs better...jim dunlop/mystic surfboards...is now making them geared to this ..and my next mini is gonna be smaller...with the same set up..which i should get in a month..ill post pics...then
    Last edited by dansan; Jul 15, 2014 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlerhody View Post
    I love my quad and it is a squash tail which helps out getting more vertical. I never take it on trips to good waves doesn't hold as right in hollow waves but if I had one choice living around here I would surf my quad fish.
    These work really well in steep, fast and hollow. Way better than my quad fish does : ) 4 fins with a round/pin tail and a good amount of rocker makes a nice step-up/good wave board.
    6'9 with V2 Hayden's QD2 4.15s and a 6'6 with V2 EA Blackstix with Rasta rears.

I might be biased though. 5'9 with scarfini FX4s next to a 9'1" with Controllers, different boards for different waves.

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post

just checked their website, look like nice boards but,

too bad they don't make a board for anyone over 150 lbs or 15 years old