LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Attachment 10783Attachment 10782I posted these before but for those who didn't see them, here you go. Rich Price 6 channel 6'8 step up custom for PR. I only got to ride it one day in 3-4 feet overhead. I loved it. Great drive down the line. When its big like that I'm usually just trying to outrun the wave to stay safe. I got one big barrel and came flying out so far down the line that I nearly left the wave behind. I didn't get to do a bunch of good turns on it yet and only tried the one fin set that it came with. I'm looking forward to using it this hurricane seasone and will report after my next session with this board. It's interesting to note that on the other 6 channel board the channels were spaced closer and the outside channel ran right down the boxes.
    Yeah, I meant to say this when you first posted this. I've owned one PB channel bottom thruster as I mentioned, and I have seen quite a few in my day in shops, but don't EVER remember seeing channels cut right over the fin boxes like that. Interesting concept. I always thought manipulating those boxes would jeapordize the integrity of the fin boxes, but I guess not. Why not shave right over them...

That board looks sweet. Nothing wrong with getting blasted out of a barrel so hard you end up out in flat water... I would call that a pretty good problem =)

, let alone multiple designs. The fact that quads are new to you means you have a whole lifetime of "new" ahead of you. And if I could trade all I know about surfboards for that opportunity... brother, I'd do it in a second.[/QUOTE]

sounds like my new path is your road well-traveled. straight up, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    , let alone multiple designs. The fact that quads are new to you means you have a whole lifetime of "new" ahead of you. And if I could trade all I know about surfboards for that opportunity... brother, I'd do it in a second.
    sounds like my new path is your road well-traveled. straight up, any tips?[/QUOTE]

just surf it a lot in all kind of conditions. don't write it off after one or two bad sessions.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Apr 25, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    sounds like my new path is your road well-traveled. straight up, any tips?

just surf it a lot in all kind of conditions. don't write it off after one or two bad sessions.[/QUOTE
    funny u say that as things began to improve when i stopped switching back/forth...anyway thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Holy crap how can you take so much time to reply with these lengthy responses?
    lol. i guess cause our types need to talk to/at/with our types cause others not interested.

I like surfing a thruster when I`m looking to have three fins in the water. If I`m going for more of a 4 fin type of feel, then I no doubt go with the quad setup.

Images
    I used to surf a thruster but now I only own quads for some reason. I think there better for the close out waves here and air sections. I don't think there as good for snapping the lip thought, I feel on a thruster More power. Because of the less speed.

i had a wave ystdy on my quad - that which i'm still trying to figure out - nice 3ft left, difficult take-off
    cause i had to wait FOREVER for the goon on the shoulder to graciously let me have MY wave - but by the
    time i was able to pay attention i had pumped twice and then again when the stick took off - not unlike
    shifting gears into OD on a manual shift car;…it really WENT FAST. that i liked…..and want to do it again.

Yeah paulie you're heading in the right direction.

I like quads, they're fast and fun. I've got a couple ranging from a 5'9" to a 9'3". Everything from grovelers to stepups. It's a much different feeling than a thruster though. They do want a lot of rider input. If you're on a budget, you might want try to find a good all around board with a 5 fin setup, that way you have more options. Most of the boards I ride as a quad are actually 5 box boards. You never know when you might want to throw in a nubster or a really small trailer.

That's a quad