LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Free flight to Hawaii

If you hop in the wheel well of a Boeing 767.

Anyone hear about this? 15-year old runs away from home and goes into hibernation-like state at 50 below zero temps with no pressurization.

This kid should learn how to surf while out there. He could win Pipe Masters in a flash with hold down capability like that!

surprised even a 15 year old didn't know that airline wheel-well stowaways almost always die...if not just for the science behind it. He's lucky he didn't get a flight to australia.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    surprised even a 15 year old didn't know that airline wheel-well stowaways almost always die...if not just for the science behind it. He's lucky he didn't get a flight to australia.
    I'm gonna go out on a scientific limb and say that he'd have been fine for the 12-18hrs (whatever it may be) if he already made it past 30k feet. His body had some unreal bear-like adaptation that's not at all typical of human physiology and made it 5 hours "unharmed", according to EMS.

Images
    epic. that's one way to get there haha

This mental state you speak of is very common. I enter that state every time my wife starts complaining about my parents. 5 hrs is nothing...pretty sure I've destroyed that duration.

MA that is excellent. Right on.

7. What did the kid expect to do when the plane landed? Like, no one would notice a random 15 year old appearing and running across a runway..

The kid's dawn patrol was 1) hopping a barbed wire fence; 2) running on the Tarmac to the first plane he saw; 3) jumping into the wheel well of that jet. I don't think this kid was expecting anything or thinking much at all. Plus, he's 15. Were any of us thinking anything logical at 15?

What a story though. Do the Hawaiians send haole back or is he the American air travel equivalent of Elian Gonzalez?

Its said he's in the hands of the fbi and child protective services.

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Its said he's in the hands of the fbi and child protective services.
    Last I heard was Rothman's making the exec decision!