LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Been checking out the swell period maps. Looks like the groundswell arrives sometime Thursday and will stay greater than 8 seconds through Sunday. Also looks like there's a decent amount of >8 second period swell South of the predicted storm location. Hoping that will continue towards the seaboard throughout the week.

What's the longest run of surf you've experienced from a hurricane?

Quote Originally Posted by matthwh610 View Post

A week or more...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthwh610 View Post
    Been checking out the swell period maps. Looks like the groundswell arrives sometime Thursday and will stay greater than 8 seconds through Sunday. Also looks like there's a decent amount of >8 second period swell South of the predicted storm location. Hoping that will continue towards the seaboard throughout the week.

i agree. thursday through sunday is when we'll see some bertha energy.

Images
    Why is the damn thing named Bertha again? I know there was one named that before not too long ago. But seriously like, who really knows a Bertha? I mean theres hundreds of other chick names that begins with B. Who picks these damn things?

Images
    the storm names are cycled every 6 years - unless they retire a name, due to extreme devastation.

theres a hurricane that will make solid surf with no devastation and ur complaining?!? god if u are reading this i love the name bertha. im thinking it will make a great name for my firstborn

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    theres a hurricane that will make solid surf with no devastation and ur complaining?!? god if u are reading this i love the name bertha. im thinking it will make a great name for my firstborn
    I hope its a girl.

Images
    When I think of a girl with the name Bertha, I'm picturing a fat, ugly, hag, and usually running the other direction. Not a name I would choose for my first born, however, if she brings us some half descent surf, I don't care what her name is................
    Last edited by CharlieInOC; Jul 8, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

howabout bernesto if its a boy