LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    dean randazzo
    good surfer but he's a san diego local. i've been surfing ac on a regular basis for about 40 years
    and i have seen him in the line-up twice.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Got it. They all move to OC MD and DE =) My Dad lives in Bethany, he was telling me that John John Florence's family just bought a house next door.
    Pretty sure aging surf pros move to places like Hilton Head to work on their golf game!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    good surfer but he's a san diego local. i've been surfing ac on a regular basis for about 40 years
    and i have seen him in the line-up twice.
    he's not a san diego local. he lives in AC.

Images
    Yeah, His Bios indicate he was born and raised in Jersey, but moved to San Diego in 1990 to pursue his pro career. It didn't mention where his current, permanent residence is though. Little of both maybe.

Images
    Fack who cares. I just like to see them surf. I get inspired by their surfing. FYI, dusty Payne was born in Virginia Ian Walsh is from RI I think, the gudang bros are from jersey or NY and the list goes on. I just like to be inspired by them. I've got to surf with mike dunhpy, Brett barely, the gudang brothers, mason ho, and some brazzos. They all rip and I love seeing wht they do to learn. Everybody has their own style but it sure is nice to watch good surfing.

Most pro surfers come from Australia, not from the south of the US. Long point breaks and stronger swells are much more conducive to producing talented surfers.

Another reason is that the Fla guys can travel to better waves fairly easier and cheaper. PR,CR etc are much easier for them to get to more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Got it. They all move to OC MD and DE =) My Dad lives in Bethany, he was telling me that John John Florence's family just bought a house next door.
    They bought a house in north jersey shore, live down the street from me

The reason is simple. Most northern surfers are fairly unknown and don't get too much recognition especially if they aren't doing contests and stuff. Whereas in FL theres always a flock of tourists with cameras over rating the waves and skill levels of the surfers. Its like WA vs the Goldie, theres a few boys from WA like Taj but the real recognition is from the Goldie boys like Parko.

^^^not buying that. they still have to put up or shut up on the tours and lower comp series. Groms in Fla are hitting decent tropical spots early and often. By the time northern kids are hitting PR for a once a year pilgrimage, the Fla kids are going there for good swells and HI every winter for a trip. DE/MD is funny..Who besides Jay Reale ever made it from there?