LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

surfboard cleaner

It's about that time of the year to strip off all that black, coldwater wax. I'll probably just stick my boards in the sun and use one of my scrapers to get the wax off but any suggestions or products to use to get the whole board really nice and clean? They look disgusting now.

that plus a handfull of of dust from the shaping bay

if not acetone

i'll use my wife's hair dryer on low to get the leftover residue off after scraping if i really want to get it clean. sometimes i need a quick wipe w/ wax remover to get any leftover carbon the transferred to the board from my suit

just use a razor blade, dull one is better, best with the paint scraper handle. better if wax is cold. if want super clean, after that use the green steal wool to wipe down whole board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NICAfiend View Post
    It's about that time of the year to strip off all that black, coldwater wax. I'll probably just stick my boards in the sun and use one of my scrapers to get the wax off but any suggestions or products to use to get the whole board really nice and clean? They look disgusting now.
    Careful in the sun. Don't forget about it sometimes they get these weird air filled bumps in them. The cream doesn't even make the bumps on your stick go away. You basically gotta cut them off your stick.

Scotch brite and goo-gone.

all above methods work. I would forgo the razor blade though. I scrape with a comb/plastic spackle knife and use a use a heat gun...always does the trick. Have had a number of issues laying boards in the sun...no control of the amount of heat.

Justgot my new board delivered from California. Just a little dust off and ready to set layer 1 of wax. Looks like Friday may be the maiden voyage...

good ole pickle man

I wonder how roy takes wax off his 14footers he's probably got it down to a science.....