LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

East Coast summer swell forecast?

After a decent winter and hopeful spring, any predictions? (aside from more kooks in the water)

Is there anything like the 'Farmer Almanac' which gives an overview of what we could expect and even into H season?

Based on my 32 years of surfing in New Jersey. We will see two good swells in the month of May. One shoulder high swell in June. July will be mostly knee to stomach high. August will see two tropical swells....one will be chest high the other a little overhead otherwise it will be small. September will yield 3 solid swells. October another 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CJsurf View Post
    Based on my 32 years of surfing in New Jersey. We will see two good swells in the month of May. One shoulder high swell in June. July will be mostly knee to stomach high. August will see two tropical swells....one will be chest high the other a little overhead otherwise it will be small. September will yield 3 solid swells. October another 3.
    sometimes usually not but sometimes May can really cook in so jersey.

MSW has historical data you can look up. (sorry admin)

Images
    Two sources, saying that we are not going to get waves this season... AGAIN...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weathe...ecast/7544005/

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...-nino-20140324

On a positive note, they are ALWAYS wrong. in 2012, there were more than twice the amount of storms than were predicted. In 2013, they predicted 9 hurricanes but we only got two...

So, they say we won't get any action, so with that being said, we should wax up our mini-guns and expect the summer of 1995 all over again, with 19 swell producing monsters spinning up and down the east coast.

Images
    oh hell no down with msw. Rabble rabble rabble.

20140324[/url]

On a positive note, they are ALWAYS wrong. in 2012, there were more than twice the amount of storms than were predicted. In 2013, they predicted 9 hurricanes but we only got two...

So, they say we won't get any action, so with that being said, we should wax up our mini-guns and expect the summer of 1995 all over again, with 19 swell producing monsters spinning up and down the east coast.[/QUOTE]
    they ARE always wrong, aren't they. regardless, i (still) buy it every time …….and we ARE overdue……yup yup…19 monsters - like the sound of that.

Images
    Way too early.

Images
    Yeah, for sure. No way of knowing. I just can't help but think we are LONG overdue. Seriously, I feel like there was not one substantial storm worthy of chasing up and down the coast last year. I mean, nothing to even get the blood pumping. Sandy was nice almost two years ago, but since then.... ugh. I would LOVE a few reasons to get off this island and chase some waves this summer and fall...

So, I guess my outlook is: It CANT be any worse than last year... I remember us all sitting on this site in early october, talking about "Man, there is still time... There are still a couple weeks left"... And NOTHING.
    Last edited by zach619; Apr 28, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

i'm going to agree with the tropical forecasts for the summer. the water temp is still SO LOW that i can't see it getting to the 70+ area in late summer and if it does it'll be quick.

if you remember back to spring 2012 there was surf but the water temps were also much higher much earlier which led to a rather active tropical season for 2012.

also EL NINO