LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

saying 'Hi" when paddling out

I say hi to people when I paddle out into the lineup. It's just common courtesy. You paddle-out while staying out of everyone's way to the best of your abilities. Then while paddling to the lineup you say hi, good morning, whatever to some of the folks you encounter.
    I've noticed a lot lately that I barely get a grunt of acknowledgement from most younger folks. Crazy f***ing rude. I surf Monmouth County beaches between Asbury and Manasquan, and this is mostly the case, unfortunately. People mostly just sit there, never talk or act pleasant at all, and just jockey for waves the whole time. There are a lot of youngsters who are way too cool for school. Lighten up b**ches, you ain't surfing no 20 minute heat.
    That's all I had to say.

Images
    I tell every person I paddle past, or who talks to me, no matter where I am, to "beat it kook!".

Seriously though, I'll answer for them if they don't respond. I get a laugh out of it and continue on my way. It actually happened today on land. F~ck it, it's their problem that they're rude turds.

salt, i surf the same stretch of beaches you and and noticed the same thing. i have found though that once some people see you a few times and you begin to talk to them a little they actually aren't too bad. some guys are just all around pricks though.

People suck...

I am friendly and I give everybody a chance. My beef with someone even ifthey are all "hi" to me is they paddle up right next to you or just inside on you. You calmly let them know of their mistake and they get all pissy. A real life example form a couple of weeks ago...

"Its just a stupid one foot wave! These waves suck anyway, so I don't understand why you think you can vibe me. I am from Hawaii man."

Just run em over. That was my promise. Additionally, he rolled out with a koo-krew. All I could say was, you didn't learn to surf too well there. Still, people are awesome. He stated "the waves just aren't good enough here!" ...wow

I am going to be that mean guy one day...DAMN YOU CRUEL WORLD!

Here's another one...

This also proves how hard it is to be nice...

You can try to reason with the unreasonable and state, hey I've been surfing here alone all winter. Perhaps I am just a bit protective of my spot.

The response is the same every time..."I've been surfing here all winter man! It's not like its your break!"

No waves for you mi amigo. This summer is gonna be fun...

its everywhere. people my age and older are generally very friendly in the lineup... the 20 somethings think they got the contest jersey on or just barely a grunt like mentioned above.
    I don't know exactly what it is but its a bad vibe for sure.

on land i expect less from people. i don't expect much from the general pop.
    in the water, however, things should be a little different.

I greet people like **** cheney

wow really going to censor the vice presidents name swellinfo????

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    People suck...

I am friendly and I give everybody a chance. My beef with someone even ifthey are all "hi" to me is they paddle up right next to you or just inside on you. You calmly let them know of their mistake and they get all pissy. A real life example form a couple of weeks ago...

"Its just a stupid one foot wave! These waves suck anyway, so I don't understand why you think you can vibe me. I am from Hawaii man."

Just run em over. That was my promise. Additionally, he rolled out with a koo-krew. All I could say was, you didn't learn to surf too well there. Still, people are awesome. He stated "the waves just aren't good enough here!" ...wow

I am going to be that mean guy one day...DAMN YOU CRUEL WORLD!

Here's another one...

This also proves how hard it is to be nice...

You can try to reason with the unreasonable and state, hey I've been surfing here alone all winter. Perhaps I am just a bit protective of my spot.

The response is the same every time..."I've been surfing here all winter man! It's not like its your break!"

No waves for you mi amigo. This summer is gonna be fun...
    I could care less about the Summer. Summer waves are pretty much complete sh**. They're novelty waves, and that's being generous. Most hurricane swells are overhyped junk. The only time I'm surfing in the Summer is before work during the week, or super super early on the weekends. It's gotta be well worth it for me to deal with the retardation.

(in my best sandblasters)

first i establish domination then i invite them to follow me.