LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New surf racks

Images

New surf racks

Today I got out my new surf racks. We no longer have a van and if the family is going and I wanna surf I have to figure out something. They vibrated like crazy. Is this a common issue? I live an hour and a half from the beach and drive 70 mph most of the way. Is there anything I can do to make this better? Normally I just fold down the seats and put the boards inside so I haven't had to worry about it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

your post is special .....this is why people think surfers are dumb or 24 bong hits straight up retarded

k so here we go:

1. wtf are you attaching your racks to?

2. board inside>board outside

3. if family ...... then boards outside is necessary .... what's the new car/truck/ride etc

4. viva tejas

Images
    (Bong sound) Toyota highlander. There is a luggage rack on the top, About the same height as the pads on the rack. Love the name btw

serious question

you put surf racks on a ride that already had luggage racks?

At high speeds the tie downs will begin to vibrate due to the air streaming across them...sounds like ur issue...

Images
    Metard, so nice to get to know you. I had about 30 minutes to decide how I was taking my board, plus the wife, our three kids, and the regular beach stuff. So I went in the garage and got my unopened (not really new) surf racks and threw them on top. The luggage rack on top doesn't really have any straps and I am sure I coulda hooked up some bungee cords and duct tape (I am a Texan after all) but that didnt seem so smart. I really wanted to surf and not loose my board on the highway. They rattled like crazy. Like really bad. I would check it and it was still tight. So thats the story. I wasn't very popular with the family.

If you twist the straps a few time your problem should be solved

if you mean those soft surf racks that strap to the roof and through the inside of the car then PAPERPLATE is correct. i found that it is best to place the racks right in the middle of your roof and twist the straps 2 times before they go under and through. since i have a longboard on top i try to have the pads as far apart as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Metard, so nice to get to know you. I had about 30 minutes to decide how I was taking my board, plus the wife, our three kids, and the regular beach stuff. So I went in the garage and got my unopened (not really new) surf racks and threw them on top. The luggage rack on top doesn't really have any straps and I am sure I coulda hooked up some bungee cords and duct tape (I am a Texan after all) but that didnt seem so smart. I really wanted to surf and not loose my board on the highway. They rattled like crazy. Like really bad. I would check it and it was still tight. So thats the story. I wasn't very popular with the family.
    You're breeding...?

Images
    I figured you would appreciate the situation.