LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New surf racks

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate View Post
    If you twist the straps a few time your problem should be solved
    yes yes twisting works with SOFT RACKS

Which will also always vibrate pretty loud at 70mph no matter how secure they are. Just make sure the board isn't moving and you'll be good

i would have just used the luggage racks

whatever floats your goat

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate View Post
    If you twist the straps a few time your problem should be solved
    ^^^^this guy knows what is up.

a more permanent solution: detatch one side of luggage rack, slide pad onto bar, reattach luggage rack. repeat for front and rear. cut longer atraps off of soft racks but keep the sorter one that actually holds the board on.

After I attach my board to the soft racks, I'd wrap the slack around the "reeds".

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    i would have just used the luggage racks

whatever floats your goat
    could be me but i cringe when i see roof racks placed sideways;, you know, the way NO SURFER would
    put them…and these racks demand that racks be put on them (!!!!!????)

ok so a few things, as someone who sells racks for a living, its commonplace for new rack owners to misunderstand the concept of aerodynamics.

First off, the racks that you have, are the fixed point racks, IE thule yakima or the like? or are they soft racks that you string through the doors of the car?

Are these luggage racks you speak of solely runner bars that run the length of the car, or are they cross bars?

Where is the vibration coming from? The straps or the rack itself?

saying that you are hearing vibrations at 70mph and being concerned is like being concerned of your stuff blowing around in a hurricane. Tell us what set up (in detail) your using and maybe you will get some proper info rather than a bunch of dudesons calling you retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
    saying that you are hearing vibrations at 70mph and being concerned is like being concerned of your stuff blowing around in a hurricane. Tell us what set up (in detail) your using and maybe you will get some proper info rather than a bunch of dudesons calling you retarded.
    I don't know why but this made me laugh so freaking hard I was almost crying!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I don't know why but this made me laugh so freaking hard I was almost crying!
    it's probably because I used your instead of you're

search 'wind fairing' on amazon and look around for one that fits your setup. Racks are obviously an unnatural object on the top of a vehicle so you will never eliminate all noise, but the wind fairing helped me out considerably