LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Weisbecker's stuff although his last book was all over the place.

Dan Duane
    yup...weisbecker got WEIRD. & not in a hunter s. thompson, good kind of way, either.

can't believe i forgot "caught inside". add that to my list.

I don't have favorite books but favorite authors.
    Here are some in no particular order
    Vonnegut
    Kesey
    Hemingway
    Irving
    King
    Clancy

there are others but i've read these guys entire library. you can argue that some of them (maybe all of them) are just popular novelists but they tell a great story.

Images
    ^^^^Good call on Vonnegut, yet to be mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I've laughed out loud in public while reading his stuff multiple times.

I am in agreement with a lot of yall, good reads

any nonfiction?
    I had read Richard Dawkins 'selfish gene' about how all life is just robots and containers for genes.

Also Dune by Frank Herbert is some far out sheet...eating spice to see through time

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    any nonfiction?
    I had read Richard Dawkins 'selfish gene' about how all life is just robots and containers for genes.
    how was dawkins? haven't really read any of his work; i'm not generally a fan of his seemingly-abrasive tone.

just read "the efficiency trap: finding a better way to achieve a sustainable energy future" by steve hallett. really interesting book, lots of things i had never considered about energy consumption & the ways increased efficiency can actually drive up consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    how was dawkins? haven't really read any of his work; i'm not generally a fan of his seemingly-abrasive tone.

just read "the efficiency trap: finding a better way to achieve a sustainable energy future" by steve hallett. really interesting book, lots of things i had never considered about energy consumption & the ways increased efficiency can actually drive up consumption.
    Yeah, Dawkins is a bit smarmy. for atheist stuff I love Penn Gillette. Finished 'A universe from Nothing' By Lawrence Krauss. Pretty interesting origin of the big bang book. Checking out Brian Greene's books on string theory.

Hes only a bit of a cock when the clergy presses creationism, doesn't mean he isn't a genius

here is his tone in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysxG5jFeTME

his documentary from chapter 14 of selfish gene called nice guys finish first about game theory and life form interaction is sooooooo on point. 45 min vid, if you like the vid you will like his book
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71mjZefg8g

comic books with lots of pictures casue I cain't read them squiggles you uns be scratchin on da paper.

10. Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Anything by Vonnegutt! Or Chuck Palahniuk who might as well be his apprentice as far as I'm concerned.