Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fin Foiling Fun

Cool... looks like a bleeding gash

Images
    That board looks sweet bro. Nice work.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Cool... looks like a bleeding gash
    He meant that in the nicest possible way.

4. A little wave this morning for Jr to give this board a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by CJsurf View Post
    I have a longboard in the works.....first one I've made since 1995. This time I decided to make my own glass on fin. Layed up a panel this morning. 34 layers thick. Shaped it this afternoon. Came out absolutely perfect. Very fun little project. I may be making shortboard fins in the future. I can see how this could become addicting.

By the way, any spots in the pictures are not in the fin. I doused the fin in water and took pictures quickly to capture the effect of what it will look like glossed on a board.

Very nice fin and board! I'm concerned about the red puss sore on your hand in the third picture. Are you starting to have a reaction to fiberglass or the cleaning chemicals?

Quote Originally Posted by reefscar View Post
    Very nice fin and board! I'm concerned about the red puss sore on your hand in the third picture. Are you starting to have a reaction to fiberglass or the cleaning chemicals?
    Your handle is reefscar and your concerned about a little zit? : )

Nice work! Love the fin too. I alway get too impatient to shape fins for my boards.

Nice work! Love the fin too. I alway get too impatient to shape fins for my boards. How did you make the blank for the fin? 6oz glass with resin in one shot?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyPedro View Post
    6oz glass with resin in one shot?
    I'd love to see that! I've laid up a few fin panels and find that any more than 5 layers at a time the resin just wont wet it out completely without too much work and tiny trapped air bubbles. 30 or so layers of cloth will get you enough thickness for a typical fin I recall.
    Last edited by mitchell; May 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Good work man. Great looking board. CJ Jr is a lucky little dude.